Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Spanko Chef?


It had been a long day, and they had reached the climax of one of the TV reality shows we watch regularly, but I was nodding off. Although I usually enjoy Top Chef and had struggled to keep my eyes open through 55 minutes of the program, I really didn't care who would be told to "pack your knives and leave". I was settling in, eyes closed, when I heard Ron say something about spanking.

"What? Where? Who?" I was suddenly wide awake.

"She does the spanking," he elaborated. I looked at the two judges of the competition. I seriously doubted that the lovely Padma Lakshmi (
in the picture above) had threatened any of the chefs with a spanking. She wasn't Gordon Ramsay.

"What do you mean? What did she say?" I asked. But Ron was silent. Then I realized he had only said the "S" word to wake me up.

Isn't he clever!



From Hermione's Heart

5 comments:

Fabsterrant said...

Mind like a steel trap tuned to receive subconcious messages and respond with twitches. No wonder you have such a great relationship!

Hugs, fab

Lisa said...

LOL. That totally sounds like something my man would do, too! I am notorious for falling asleep in the middle of whatever we are watching.

Hermione said...

fab - Yes, my subconscious is always on spanko alert.

Elle - Funny how they won't just let us snooze!

Hugs,
Hermione

Angie said...

I don't know, Padma's always seemed the bossy type to me...

And I wouldn't have been happy with my Husband, as I'd have probably given myself whiplash coming awake to fast!

Dr. Ken said...

She could try to get bossy, but Padma would wind up over my knee in a hurry! I've always thought she was very spankable....

Of course, I think that about most women.... :-)

Dr. Ken