Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Gastronomic Delight



One day last week, Ron promised me a spanking when I got home from work. In order to make sure that we could relax and take our time without worrying about dinner preparations, I stopped at the butcher's on my way home and bought a meat pie. We hadn't had that particular kind of pie before, but it looked good. All I would have to do was pop it in the oven and dinner would take care of itself.

When I arrived home, I showed Ron what was for dinner, and he showed me the way to the bedroom. He was his usual efficient self, and my bottom was very thoroughly dealt with. We were both very satisfied with the results.

Dinner was another matter. Far from being delicious, or even so-so, it was a big disappointment. If pork fat rules, then this pie was the king. The pastry had a greasy feel and taste, and speaking of taste, the filling contained a spice that you wouldn't ordinarily find in a savoury pie. To put it bluntly, Ron hated it. He assured me that it wasn't my fault; how could I have known it would be so awful? I thought I was off the hook.

I thought wrong! After eating all we could, we consigned the rest to the kitchen recycling bin and proceeded to clear the table and load the dishwasher. Ron was still muttering about the awful meal.

"A gastronomic delight," he grumbled sarcastically. Then he came up behind me as I was collecting the cutlery, and smacked me VERY hard on the left buttock, which was still very tender from his recent attention upstairs.

"Ow! That hurts!" For some reason, Ron had earlier given the left cheek far more swats than the right one. I don't know why; it wasn't his usual style. I rubbed my sore bottom and wondered, was that a punishment? We don't do discipline.

I glanced at Ron. He didn't seem motivated to extend his expression of dissatisfaction beyond that single swat, but his annoyance had vanished. Instead, he looked quite pleased with himself.



From Hermione's Heart

7 comments:

Fabsterrant said...

Gosh I feel so bad for the entire situation not working for you. Especially after going out of your way to shop for it. And especially after a hard day at work. Well Hermione the bright side is things can only get better. And I certainly hope they do.

Hugs, Fab

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the pie - but isn't it lovely to find such a simple, pure way to make a man you love feel better?

I know that really he found the way himself but it was your bottom, so I think you should take the credit.

Anonymous said...

....if ever there was time to turn the other cheek...

R

ronnie said...

Sorry to hear about the pie but at least you got an extra swat.

I would have taken the pie back.
Love.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Fab - Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to try something new at that particular time.

Poppy - And I will! My bottom has many uses!

R - GROAN. But yes, I must confess I was hoping for equal treatment.

Ronnie - I suppose I could have. The man behind the counter told me it was delicious, and explained how to bake it. So maybe he should know he has two dissatisfied customers.

Hugs,
Hermione

Jane said...

Dogs are handy in this situation.

Hermione said...

Jane - Well, perhaps. But our dogs have tummy upsets if they even sniff people food, so we don't use them as plate cleaners or garbage disposals. Luckily our city has recycling of all food products, so it didn't end up in a landfill.

Hugs,
Hermione