Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do They or Don't They?

We are very fortunate to have quiet neighbours, but one evening in late spring I heard a commotion coming from inside the house next door. The weather was warm, the windows were open, and the voices were loud and angry.

Everyone has moments like that, and when I told Ron, he quipped something about Mary needing a good spanking.

"Oh? Why do you assume Mary is at fault? Maybe Mike's in a bad mood and he's taking it out on her."

We couldn't resolve the question of who was in the wrong, but Ron mentioned the couple every so often over the next few weeks. I didn't overhear any more disagreements whenever I was in the back yard.

Last night I decided to humour my husband and agree with his assumption, so I commented that Mike and Mary seemed to be getting along just fine now "since Mike gave Mary that spanking."

But Ron unexpectedly took the other side. "No," he corrected me, "it was the other way around."

A F/m household on the other side of the fence? Or a husband who likes to take the opposite side of whatever view I take? Either way, we shared a good laugh.

From Hermione's Heart

9 comments:

Meow said...

I'm almost ashamed of how often I look at people and wonder "do they"?

Hermione said...

Meow - I do it more often than I should too!

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Very funny story. I once told my neighbor/friend who is 72 that she should spank her husband who is 75 for not listening to her. She laughed and agreed.

ronnie said...

They certainly could be so you will have to keep your ears open. I like to people watch and wonder as well.

Thanks Hermione.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Joey - Good for you! I'm glad she laughed.

Ronnie - I will keep you posted. Easy to do now the weather is warm and they keep their windows open all the time.

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

I look at people and wonder too; usually I think, no way would they...but then I hope people would think no way about me too! xxx

Anonymous said...

you just never know what lurks behind even the most ordinary of fences

or maybe Ron was trying to tell you something......:)

R

kiwigirliegirl said...

i have a friend who is quite submissive, she is recently married to a great guy and she commented once that she was going to get a "growling" over something - makes me wonder too.

Hermione said...

Daisy - That's an interesting way of looking at it - wondering who's wondering about you!

Recidavist - You and K are living proof of that. Ron? No, he's definitely not interested in being spanked. I asked.

Kiwigirliegirl - That sounds promising!

Hugs,
Hermione