Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don't Out Me!

Recently I received an email from a local salon, offering a special "seat sale" on manicures and facials. The only time I've ever had a manicure was the day before my wedding. Facials? Not my thing. But I did read this part - copied directly from the email - with interest:

Call while spots are still available Just mention Seat Sale to out Guest Managers.

Why would you want to out the poor Guest Manager, who is only trying to help you improve your looks? Even if she did blush when you mentioned "seat".

Don't they proofread these things before sending them to their clients? Where's the period after available?

From Hermione's Heart

6 comments:

sixofthebest said...

'Butt', Hermoine. Why are you so surprised. Don't all 'spanking blogger's, and lurker's proof read their work. It always show's up glaringly in the 'end'. In your case Hermoine. Ron would give you a 'hot seat', instead of a 'cold shoulder'. Would'nt you agree?.

ronnie said...

In my opinion no, you should see the bad advertising I get. Facials not my thing either but I do love a manicure.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Six - LOL! I defy Ron to find a typo anywhere in my writing.

Okay, there may have been one or two over the years.

Ronnie - We also see it everyday in the newspapers. It makes the company look so bad.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Seat sale... maybe they might throw in a free hair brushing as well... :)
Red

Daisychain said...

I find a facial is lovely and relaxing; doesn't improve my skin, (luckily I have quite good skin anyway) but I love being pampered; having hair brushed, massages, facials, the lot! Bring it on.... xxxxxx

Hermione said...

Red - Really! Great choice of words, no?

Daisy - It sounds lovely, but I'm uncomfortable having strangers handle my body unless they are medical practitioners.

Hugs,
Hermione