Thursday, March 22, 2012

Better than the Vacuum


Ron bought me a lovely and quite unexpected gift recently - a light brown rattan carpet beater. It was very thoughtful of him, because I had been telling him about all the posts I had read about that particular implement. Curiosity must have gotten the better of him.

The first time we tried it, I was quite overwhelmed. Never had I felt such a sting! I had expected it to hurt, but not quite that much. It covers a decent amount of surface area, but stings like the dressage whip.

For Ron, it was love at first smite. He has a passion for implements that make a lot of noise, and this one is at the top of our arsenal in terms of decibels. I warned him that he might break it if he kept on trying to make the swats louder and louder. It also made a lovely whooshing sound when he swished it back and forth in the air over my head. I cringed every time I heard it approaching.

Since then, we have rarely had a session that didn't include the carpet beater among the chosen implements. It hasn't lost its sting, and I still feel a quiver of apprehension when it whooshes past my ear. When not in use, it hangs on its own peg alongside our paddles, crops and bats.

My good friend Ronnie didn't have the same pleasant experience with their carpet beater. I wonder if the ones made in Canada have a different feel than the ones made in the UK.

From Hermione's Heart

18 comments:

Simon said...

As I mentioned to Ronnie my Mistress has used a carpet beater on my bottom to great effect. You are right about the sound and the sting. Also my backside doesn't mark easily normally but the carpet beater leaves those strange circular welts which I find quite intriguing. I think every disciplinarian should have one in his or her arsenal.

Hermione said...

Simon, I agree completely. It's an essential tool.

June said...

I'm surprised, I kind of thought it would be a quite implement, like a loopy. I have been really curious about them, have one on my wish list...

Anonymous said...

I agree that it has more sting than thud. Thus, many more spanks can be given, and the effect is a deeper felt spanking, that lusts for an extra day. The whooshing effect lets you know it is coming! it needs energy for the spanker to use, and thus ups their enjoyment. We just used ours two days ago...
Another wonderful gift from your loving husband.
Happy Spankings
red

ronnie said...

Hermione - That's the only thing I liked about it was the whooshing sound:) I'm looking at mine now (I have it here in the office) and still not sure why I didn't take to it. Maybe too much surface area, it is quite large.

Happy your enjoying the gift.

Thanks for the mention.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

No, it makes a sort of rattly slap when it connects. Not for use between thin walls:)

Hermione said...

We carpet beater enthusiasts ought to start a club, or at least a Tumblr blog.

Hermione said...

You keep it at the office? Naughty girl!

Kaelah said...

I have a small carpet beater at home which Ludwig and I haven't properly tried as a spanking implement, yet. I'm curious to see whether the one which I have is suitable at all and how I like it.

Spankedhortic II said...

I have been on the receiving end of three now and they all had their own separate feeling (even the two that looked the same). I like them. It's like being caned with a hundred tiny canes all in one stroke.

Prefectdt

kiwigirliegirl said...

my Sir wants a carpet beater, and a whip, and a leather paddle and another cane and a spanking buddy for his hand ....oh his wish list is waaaaaayyyyyy to long...LOL... ;)

Lea said...

Very interesting. I've had a carpet beater used on me and I quite liked it. But maybe the top was being unusually nice in my introduction to that implement.

crankyspanker said...

Hi

Thanks I have been wondering about this since I saw one demonstrated on Dana Kane's blog. It seemed that the tool would not be such a good one. Now I have got to get one.

Emanuele

Hermione said...

I hope you do; you won't be sorry.

Or maybe you will be.

Hermione said...

A nice top? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Hermione said...

At least you'll know what to get him for his next five birthdays:)

Hermione said...

That's quite a good description. They are powerful.

Hermione said...

The size shouldn't matter. Ludwig will just have to be more energetic:)