Monday, September 3, 2012

From the Top Shelf - Dear Nora


Did you know that the well-known Irish author and poet, James Joyce, was also a spanking enthusiast? There are references to spanking in some of his novels, with boys and men on the receiving end.

In 1904 Joyce met Nora, a young woman who worked as a chambermaid. It was the beginning of a close relationship that would last until his death. Joyce and Nora exchanged a series of passionate letters over the years. In the one I will share with you, he declares his wish to be spanked by her.

To NORA
Dublin 13 December 1909

I would be delighted to feel my flesh tingling under your hand. Do you know what I mean, Nora dear? I wish you would smack me or flog me even. Not in play, dear, in earnest and on my naked flesh. I wish you were strong, strong, dear, and had a big full proud bosom and big fat thighs.  I would love to be whipped by you, Nora love! I would love to have done something to displease you, something trivial even, perhaps one of my rather dirty habits that make you laugh: and then to hear you call me into your room and then to find you sitting in an armchair with your fat thighs far apart and your face deep red with anger and a cane in your hand. To see you point to what I had done and then with a movement of rage pull me towards you and throw me face downwards across your lap. Then to feel your hands tearing down my trousers and inside clothes and turning up my shirt, to be struggling in your strong arms and in your lap, to feel you bending down (like an angry nurse whipping a child's bottom) until your big full bubbies almost touched me and to feel you flog, flog, flog me viciously on my naked quivering flesh!!


You may read more of Joyce's naughty letters to Nora at http://loveletters.tribe.net/thread/fce72385-b146-4bf2-9d2e-0dfa6ac7142d.

From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

Spanky said...

THAT is interesting!

Sara said...

Very interesting indeed! You mean we here in blogland didn't invent this kinky stuff?

;) Sara

ronnie said...

Thanks Hermione. Never knew he was a spanko enthusiast.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

ronnie said...

Thanks Hermione. Never knew he was a spanko enthusiast.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Ana said...

Wow...I am very glad I didn't know about this when I had to discuss his writing in class!!

Hermione said...

Spanky - I thought so too.

Sara - I'm afraid not:)

Ronnie - Nor did I when I was studying his works at university.

Ana - The class would have wondered why you were blushing.

Hugs,
Hermione

Peach said...

Wow, James Joyce a spanko? I never knew this. Thanks for sharing!

Hermione said...

Peach - I suspect there are many famous people with a similar interest.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to read Nora'a response to those letters!!

c

Hermione said...

C - I thought the same thing myself.

Hugs,
Hermione