Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I'm not a robot!

You have probably noticed that when you leave a comment on my blog, you need to prove you aren't a robot. Why would I think you are? Well, I don't. That message has nothing to do with me. It's something that Blogger has implemented without my permission. I don't want it there, and there is nothing I can do about it. But it's not so bad.

When you see the box you are supposed to check to prove you are human, you don't always need to check it. As you can see in the above image, I am logged on to Blogger as Hermione. So all I have to do is click on Publish Your Comment, without clicking on the robot box, and my comment will be published.

But, for those of you who prefer to remain anonymous (and that's perfectly okay with me), you will have to pass the robot test.




In this case, I have chosen not to use my Hermione identity, but want to leave an anonymous comment. I can't publish my comment without proving I'm not made of metal. So the next step is to read the instructions and choose the appropriate pictures of a sandwich.

The same applies to anyone who chooses OpenID (WordPress, for example). You can't escape the robot test.

So, if you are logged on to Blogger or to your Google account, you don't need to prove you aren't a robot. Otherwise, there's an extra hoop to jump through. Sorry about that! At least it's better to the mostly unreadable word and number Captchas they previously insisted on.
From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

Roz said...

Thanks for sharing this Hermoine. I didn't realise you could skip it if you were signed in lol

Hugs
Roz

Aimless Rambling said...

Thanks I didn't realize you could skip it either.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a blogger and don't want Google to have another piece of me, so I use the anonymous feature to comment. The images seem to differ from blog to blog, there are still some captcha type ones around. It only takes a moment or two to do, so not too irritating.

Rosie

ronnie said...

Thanks Hermione.

I agree so much better than the Captchas that no one could read.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

abby said...

I did not realize i could skip it...ahd it is so very much better than trying to decode some funny written word.
hugs abby

stay at home mom said...

Hi Hermione, thank you for telling, i didn't know that this could be skipped.

hugs

Nina

Enzo said...

Thanks for this post Hermione.

I get different tests even when I am logged into my Google/Blogger account. Sometimes I get the captcha test and sometime I get the food identification test. It still seems random to me and I can't comment, even when logged in, without taking the test.

Perhaps it is just me.

Minielle Labraun said...

I am such a techno.... I am not sure I got the second part.... I will re-read!
Thanks!

Hermione said...

Roz - I found out by accident!

Leigh - It saves a step and gives you more time for other things!

Rosie - The images differ each time. I suppose other platforms use the word and number Captchas.

Ronnie - A big improvement, once you get used to it.

abby - Much better, and not having to click at all is best.

Nina - Well, this has proved to be a useful post.

Enzo - Strange! I think if a blogger has word verification turned on, then you get words, not pictures.

The second part applies to people not logged on to Google. You are using your Google+ account to comment, so you are logged on.

Hugs,
Hermione

Cat said...

Hey Hermione...thanks for sharing...never realized what 'Anonymous' commenters went through or that even those that are logged in have to click the check box on my blog.

Hugs and blessings...Cat