Monday, May 4, 2015

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for May 3


This week we discussed who was more likely to call it quite to spanking. Here's what you said:


Nina: I think I cannot answer this question, as there are so many reasons on both sides that could make them quit.
From what I have read it was more like both discussed and came to this conclusion, although it would effectively come to an end if one of the two partners withdrew consent. Tricky question.

Baxter: I would say my wife, the spanker, would give it up first. However, right now she is finding that giving me a regular spanking works wonders on my attitude etc. I would never give it up, unless my lifelong spanko interest goes away due to advanced age. Interesting question.

Roz: We have been in this position. We had a DD dynamic and although Rick loved most aspects (including spanking) there were some he just wasn't comfortable with so he called a halt. The fun and erotic spankings also stopped for some reason.

We both want ttwd to be a part of our relationship and spanking for fun has now returned. We are currently working through how we want ttwd to look for us.

Dr. Ken: No idea, although as the Spanker, I can't ever see myself calling it quits, so.....

Arched one: Darn good question. I feel in most relationships the spankee has asked for spanking and the spanker has agreed to giving the spanking. It would be my thought that the spankee would want to end it. In our case I did request spanking and it started out just punishment. Then my wife added maintenance and just because spanking. I love the additions.

Ronnie: Interesting question and probably not straight forward to answer.

If it was us, it would be P calling quits (I would never want to give it up unless I had to for health reasons) but I would want to know why.

Jenn: I'm thrilled that you used my question! If the intensity and style of spanking didn't change radically, I suspect that the spankee would be more likely to call it quits, simply because she wasn't willing to submit to the pain or wasn't getting what she needed from the experience. However, if the spanker wasn't a true spanko at heart, I would imagine that the spankee might be trying to seek out more and more novel experiences, to the point that the spanker can't go along with the activities any more.

What I'd really like to know is which one has called it quits in your readers' and others' actual experience. Hard to reach out to them, though, to get an answer.

Hermione: From what I have seen reported on various blogs over the years, it seems to be the spanker who is more likely to stop spanking, but the reasons vary. One blogger had a series of men who willingly spanked her, but eventually each one ended the relationship when his personal circumstances changed. Many women in DD relationships have reported that their husbands or partners are no longer interested in spanking as part of that dynamic. I have corresponded with several men who would dearly love to be spanked, but their wives refuse to consider it.


I also recall a couple of bloggers who simply lost the desire to be spanked and therefore discontinued that part of their relationship (and usually also their spanking blogs).

Personally, if I ever thought that Ron was no longer interested in spanking me, I might consider suggesting that we call a halt to it, but that would be a mutual decision.


Thank you all for your insight into this tricky question. Have a good week!
From Hermione's Heart

No comments: