Monday, September 17, 2018

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for September 16

Many of my faithful readers do not have their own blogs. Let's find out why.

Fred Bloggs: I used to have a blog, unimaginatively called 'The Blog of Fred'. I ran it for a few years, it was never particularly popular, it would have been easier to just email the 20 or so regular visitors.

I have just done a couple of guest blogs on 'Kink of The Week' and on 'Girl On The Net', and they have been well received so I may be tempted to have another go at blogging.
It's quite a commitment, finding something to write about every week.

Amy: Hi All! My advice is blog for yourself rather than for a following or reaction. The comments will then be a nice surprise rather than a reflection on your work. The relationships will also be more genuine. Write for you.

QBuzz: I agree with Amy, just do it for the enjoyment of writing and don't expect lots of comments

Minelle: I try and remember the advice PK gave me, which was: it’s your blog do what you want with it. I find it hard to keep up but I’m trying not to freak out when I can’t blog, so that’s my piece of advice. Try to relax and enjoy it all!

Roz: I agree with Amy and Minelle, write for you.

I don't post anymore but I found the blog a great place to process thoughts and feelings and obtain some fantastic support and advice. We also found the blog a great tool in our relationship as it started conversations between us in addition to giving Rick insight into my thoughts and feelings. These are just some of the benefits I have found through blogging.

Rosco: I have thought about it for a long time, and would like to do it. Discussion of spanking and other kinky activities has been really helpful to me, and of course titillating as well.

But I have not done it for many reasons, including:

I would be mortified if I was found out - especially by my grown children.
I enjoy writing, but I am slow and do plenty of writing at work.
I don't think there are many folks wanting to read the thoughts of one more submissive male.

Occasionally I have written about situations which have aroused powerful feelings in me (and posted in various places), but enthusiastic responses have been limited. I could try harder, and perhaps I will, but I am not sure.

One thing I have done is written fantasy letters to my wife, Irene. Generally they are from the point of view of a woman or girl who is reporting my misbehavior to her (and she herself plays a number of different roles as the recipient of the letter). For example, a sorority freshman sends a note to an older member that I have been peeking through the windows when I am supposed to be working in the yard - and of course recalcitrant yard boys get spanked at this sorority, especially when it is not their first time being caught.

Yorkie: I tried once. Forgot to tell the missus about it and when I did she was mortified. I wasn't that interested anyway so I deleted it.

Ronnie: I agree with Amy, It's your blog, write for yourself and only write what you are totally happy to share. Don't think you have to blog everyday, you don't. Enjoy it and when you are no longer enjoying your blog, stop, you can always come back at a later time.

Thank you all for enlightening us!
From Hermione's Heart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One other reason:

Some fantasies are embellished memories from long ago when parties were under 18. Definitely don't want to chance breaking the law.

-Rosco