Monday, September 10, 2018

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for September 9

This week bloggers weighed in on their blogging habits.

KDPierre: I would say that I do blog 'regularly', but the intensity varies based on mood and available time. I also tend to separate what I do to keep my own blog active from my participation on other blogs...and that ratio also varies by mood. Sometimes Rosa or someone will need me for something and I am just finishing writing something and not wish to lose my train of thought, but mostly I do my writing when alone, so it rarely interferes with 'life'.

I suppose that admitting that mood governs a lot of this partially explains why my blog bounces between lifestyle topics and non-lifestyle ones. And as I've confessed before, a good portion of why I blog at all is rooted in a kind of 'self-therapy'. And that's probably why I still do it even as blogging itself seems to be a waning interest for people. It's like even though I had hoped for something more interactive, I am willing to look at it also as a kind of 'personal journal' where outside involvement is not crucial. That view keeps me writing even as commenting continues to dwindle.

NoraJean: I read blogs daily, commenting as time permits. Re blogging itself, I wish I had a set time and more time to blog ... I do it when I can fit it in ... and it seems life gets in the way more often than not. What I try to do in the interim is make notes in my iPad notepad app. From those notes come my posts.

Yorkie: Nope. Tried once but gave it up as I couldn't find the inspiration to keep it up so I deleted it.

Roz: I don't post on my blog anymore but do read and comment daily. I often read blogs on the way to and from work then go back in the evening and comment. It can at times be time consuming and often ends uo being combined with other activities, even if that is just watching tv.

Other activities and commitments do sometimes mean no time for reading and commenting on blogs.

The Glenmore: As it does tend to take up too much time and I have lots of other things to occupy me I will be ending my blogging once I have finished posting the remaining unfinished pieces in my draft posts.

I also came to the conclusion it is not worth it as there are few comments or interactions with fellow spanking enthusiasts than I hoped for.

I will be very sorry to see you go!

Sir Wendel: I do not have my own blog. Typically, because of schedules I read through the blogs on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Minelle: I am not very consistent! My life is just a bit busy! I try and read some every day! However, blogging is inconsistent especially if I post a drawing. It takes me time to do a drawing! I love the process and love any comments I receive!

Bonnie: I now blog when I have inspiration, time, and energy. These three factors unfortunately haven't aligned very often lately. But that situation is subject to change as the seasons progres

Wilma: I used to blog almost daily to help me process things. Posts, words would ramble around in my head until I got them out. A great deal of things changed for various reasons. The less controversial explanation can be I chose a different way to process and get support/advice.

My morning starts hours before anyone else at home, so I usually read blogs then, commenting on posts that touch me in some way.

Blogging and commenting used to be a larger part of my life, and a link to my dynamic. I guess I just grew away from that. Though I still enjoy reading, the need and draw is no longer as strong. ( I can still relate to KD's comment concerning self therapy, however. That is what has me occasionally post on my public blog)

Ronnie: Blogging is part of my routine and it did throw it out totally. Silly really.

Hermione: I do have a schedule that I try to stick to. I take care of blog matters—and that includes reading other blogs—first thing every morning. That leaves me free for other activities throughout the day, and I rarely check back to see how things are going in blogland. I have a weekly schedule for posts too. When real life intervenes and I can't adhere to my schedule, I feel somewhat guilty.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.
From Hermione's Heart

No comments: