Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It's Almost Time!


Love our Lurkers days are almost here. It's the time when our silent readers are encouraged to come out of hiding and leave a comment. Are you ready? Some of you have already told me you will be joining in LoL days, but if you haven,t, then please let me know by comment or email, so I can add your blog to my LoL post.

Our good friend Enzo has provided two images (one at the top of this post and another at the bottom) that you are welcome to use on your LoL post, if you choose.


The details are:

What is it? Lurkers, anonymous readers, call them what you will. They are the people who read our blogs on a regular or occasional basis, but never leave a comment. On L0L days, we encourage those people to be brave and leave a comment. Most blogs allow commenters to remain anonymous, so they never have to reveal their real identity.

Where is it? It's everywhere, but right here on this blog, I will put up a post and record the links to all bloggers who are participating in LoL Days. If you want to see who has joined in the fun, drop by here and you will see the list. If you are joining in, please leave a comment on my post after you publish yours so that I can include you.

When is it?  Thursday November 14 and Friday, November 15.

What do I have to do? If you are a blogger, publish a post on November 14, encouraging your silent readers to leave a comment. "Love our Lurkers" in the title will be helpful but not compulsory.

What do I say? Some bloggers ask questions for their lurkers to answer. Others have competitions, with a spank for every comment left. Still others only want all their readers to say hello. The important thing is to be friendly and encouraging to readers who might be apprehensive about leaving a comment. Please remember to allow anonymous comments, even if only for a day or two.
 


From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

PK said...

I wouldn't miss it!

Roz said...

I love LoL Days Hermione, thank you for organising this wonderful event :)

Hugs
Roz

Terpsichore said...

I wouldn't miss it!!! :-)

morningstar said...

Thanks Hermoine and Enzo for the graphic -- gonna use it tomorrow in my "prep" for LOL days :)

Windy said...

Yes, I am playing again this year! Thanks, H! Hugs, Windy

Spanky53 said...

I'm in.

https://bigdaddycat53.blogspot.com/?zx=cc7f13aba09f8b7c

Lindy Thomas said...

Can't wait to have fun, thanks Hermione.
Hugs Lindy xx

Spankedhortic II said...

Hi Hermione, I have put my post in scheduled for 12 mid day Central European Time on the 14th. That is stupidly dark 'O' clock on your side of the pond. I hope it goes well with your breakfast :) I will be at work when it goes live and so will join in with the commenting later in the day. Happy LOL day and thanks to Enzo for this years logo pic and thank you for all the effort that goes into this event.

Prefectdt

Baker said...

Mine is set to go live at midnight! Thanks again for hosting this!
Hugs,
Baker

wolfman7446 said...

Hermione:

Happy LOL day!! Thanks for keeping your blog going as we have lost so many over the years.

Rick

Anonymous said...

Never posted (here) before. An admirer none the less. Will stop by a little longer on another occasion but only this for now as I am dashing and didn't want to miss the deadline.

xx

Simply Red