Monday, June 14, 2021

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for June 13

What are your thoughts about meeting other spankos in real life?

Quentin: I really like the fantasy, especially if it involves soft swinging (spanking our partners in front of each other) or even actually spanking each other's partners.
Not sure about doing it in reality though...

Jeanie: GREAT questions this week Hermione, things that have crossed my mind!

I'm just getting to know a few "like-minded spanking enthusiasts" on-line. It's been scary, yet thrilling. I'd like to get to know others in this way. I'm in a committed, exclusive relationship with my boyfriend of several years, so am particularly interested in getting to know fellow female submissives. One big factor in my reticence, my need to go slow, one small step at a time, is the fact that I'm a stutterer. Meeting new people is difficult, my job presents me with enough challenges, so it's a lot to think about expanding beyond that circle in my private life.

Back before I met my boyfriend, I heard about a "munch", a brunch thrown by people in the D/s community in my medium-sized city. I went to the restaurant at the appointed time, but couldn't bring myself to join them at their big table. I sat nearby alone, seeming to read a book, as I listened to their conversations.

I know that there are parties where spankos go to socialize. I don't know, but I imagine some hooking-up goes on. It's fun to think about attending these types of get-togethers with my lover. Actually doing it, or putting on a show for others to watch is titillating, but the deep end of the pool when I'm just wading right now.

It IS rich fodder for my writer's imagination!

Spanky53: I've met a good number of spankos over the years. Some through parties, dungeon events and some who'd I'd met in chatrooms, particularly when I was on tour or just visiting cities where various people lived. Sometimes it was just for dinner or coffee sometimes play, spontaneous and planned.

Anon 1: Spanking is an intimate marital activity, and should not be shared with anyone else.

Roz: We met up with another couple once who we had connected with online. It was definitely an interesting experience and it felt freeing and strange at the same time to be able to talk about spanking. We also attended a munch and BDSM event once. A fun and interesting night.

Ronnie: Yes I've met up with fellow bloggers and their partners from UK and the US a few times and it was great. We all got along wonderfully. It seemed like I had known them for ages. We exchanged gifts (some spanking related) and spent the day (we even stayed over in London on one occasion having lunch and just talking about everything.

Rosco: I doubt we ever will.

But Irene does lots of role play. I am a younger version of myself of undetermined age. She is a classmate, a neighbor, a neighbors mother, a sorority girl, a cheerleader, a senorita, a southern belle, British royalty, a volleyball or tennis player, playing several roles over the course of an hour or two.

If she had a friend who wanted to watch or also spank me, I would be interested for sure (if it were the right person). I think she’d be willing in a theoretical sense, but there will never be a right person.

She’ll joke a little bit in public about disciplining me and one whacked my bottom several times with a wooden spoon when a bunch of us were cooking.

But we never discuss this sort of thing or anything sexual with friends.

Morningstar: My introduction to spanking/BDSM was in the 'real' world. Only discovered the online world some years later.

I LOVED the camaraderie of real life! Play parties and munches were like a breath of fresh air.
Sometimes now I miss those days.

Barrel: I would like to meet other spanko’s, but I’m not sure my wife would. These brunches have helped me come out more than I ever thought possible. I have emailed another submissive husband who is spanked that lives in the same city as we do. That felt good and safe. I broached the subject with my wife to meet that other couple and got a cold look, so I dropped it, but the idea still appeals to me.

I am contemplating asking my wife to give me a birthday present wherein we see a local disciplinarian. I think my wife might benefit from her tips and tricks and learn to scold and punish me even harder. That event might also help my wife come out a bit more, too.

I respect and cherish the intimacy that follows my spankings. We would never break that trust.

Anon 2: I've never met anyone openly interested in spanking except the professional dommes I've seen. I'm in the closet, as they say. I might come out a little after I retire. Certainly, spanking is a topic I'd love to discuss in person with like minded individuals. I wonder if the "Q" in LGBTQ would give us some cover here if we did come out in the open.

Prefectdt: I only ever meet other spankos these days to either discuss the possibility of playing or to play. It might sound a bit counterproductive but I would kind of like to meet up socially, with a group of other spankos just for a non-playing chat group. Just to have conversations about the kind of things that you cannot talk about with your vanilla friends and acquaintances. I know that this is easy online, we are doing it now, but face to face is always better.

Alice: I have not met other spanko's and certainly wouldn't want to either be spanked in front of others or watch others being spanked. However to have girlfriends who were spanko's that you could talk to about it, and commiserate after a hard spanking, yes that would be lovely.

Hermione:On the one hand, it would be interesting to meet other people who regularly engage in consensual spanking. But on the other, spanking is an intimate activity for us; we don't talk about our sexual activities with anyone else. Ron and I agree that our privacy and anonymity are important, and I'm content with online-only relationships.

Thank you all for your observations. Stay safe!

From Hermione's Heart

1 comment:

Rich Person said...

I really enjoyed going to munches, but I haven't been to any for several years. It was great to talk with like-minded people in a safe environment, and I met a lot of people I liked there.