Monday, November 29, 2021

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for November 28

How has the pandemic affected your ttwd activities?

Wendel: Up until the vaccine the biggest downer for us was the travel restrictions. We like seeing the US as well as venturing to other countries. Our goal has been to get/give spankings in all 50 states and as many countries as possible. Still have not travel out of the US. Maybe next year. 

The COVID rules are pretty simple. Pre-vaccine we changed outfits after being in stores or work. We did not have an issue with following the rules of the house. We just felt that was the best way to stay safe. The Misses has been working at home since it started. My favorite pastime is to spank her before work or during her lunch break or right before a video meeting. No reason needed. I love to spank her and to see her try concealing her sore bottom. On the days I spank her I can count on getting a good spanking after she is done working. 

Roz: I can't say covid has altered our spanking activities as such, although it has changed many other things.

Covid hit here again in August with the arrival of Delta. I have been working from home on the covid response since. It was largely contained to our largest city and travel in and out of the city have been restricted. However, those restrictions are about to be lifted. The virus is slowly creeping into other parts of the country and with the lifting of travel restrictions in and out of the most affected city in time for Christmas it will soon be wide spread. 

Ronnie: Covid hasn't changed any of our spanking activities.

As of yesterday we have two cases of the new variant here in the UK which scientist say is a fast spreader and not sure how effective the vaccines will work against it, so yesterday our PM gave a press conference. Flights from South African countries (where apparently the new variant was first found) have been put on the red list and people arriving into the UK will have to take a PCR test and self isolate until they have a negative test and anyone who has come into contact with someone who has tested positive will have to isolate for 10 days even if they have been vaccinated. Also masks must be worn in shops and on public transport again. I haven't stopped wearing my mask. It's quite scary and I'm keeping fingers crossed that the vaccine will be effective against this new variant.

Prefectdt: Covid hit my spanking activities badly. Since the start of the pandemic I have only been spanked five times and four of those were pay to plays. I have found that spankos in Northern Europe are, understandably, a cautious bunch, myself included. The travel into other areas is the biggest concern for most. Closely followed by a need for close physical contact.

Rosco: Ironically, our spanking/romance has been pretty tame for the last six weeks because we’re traveling and staying in a place with neighbors close by. We’ll be home in two weeks and Irene has indicated she’ll need to make up for lost opportunities to keep me in line.

I’m only a little nervous.

Jack: No difference, only must insure I wash my hands more, social distance, and if not my bare bottom will feel the sting of the bath brush. 

Morningstar: I'm not sure I would say Covid has affected our spanking/adult time. I think the stress is more a factor, and the irony to that is that spanking helps with my stress/anxiety - but spanking doesn't have the same effect on Sir Steve. Sadly. I feel as though we are 'limping' along. I'm not sure at all when all of this will end and I think that is getting to us. Sometimes it feels as though there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Jeanie: I do not want to be a Debbie Downer, but I broke-up from a long, committed relationship during the pandemic. I take the virus very seriously, have been vaccinated, wear a mask habitually, wash my hands so frequently they're raw. I have not dated since the break-up, have not kissed anyone romantically, have not been spanked or engaged in any other sexual behaviors with another. It's been hard. I remain hopeful that this current world-situation will change for the better. But if you have someone in your life who fulfills your needs, including the spanking need, please say a little prayer of gratitude to your concept of God, and then tell that person what they mean to you. Don't take it for granted, any of it, the conversations, the laughs, the tears, the poignant, or the mundane. Truly connecting with another human is one of the great blessings in this life.

Red: The stress of Covid has dampened many things, including spanking, and dimmed my happiness factor. My reading the effectiveness waning, means that seniors, with such a long time between first and second doses, were very poorly protected. We have had our third, dose, and were planning on travel, now realize that still will not happen, depending on this new variant.

Mark: Not a lot of change in our house, except that the young adult children are home again. My wife's focus is more on them and opportunities are less. Even when they aren't home, I'm not beaten as often as I need so there is now definitely less spanking than ideal!

Bonnie: The pandemic has ruined or downsized many of our plans, but our spankings are surprisingly better than ever. I work from home full time and Randy does too most days. This results in many more opportunities for spankings and other adult fun. At the start last year, Randy decreed that I should wear thong panties every day. Most days, I wear a long skirt that can be easily lifted.

We often schedule our lunches together. While our food warms in the kitchen, a tasty leather paddle comes off the wall to warm me in the living room. I love it! The only downside is allocating enough time to fix my face, hair, and clothes before heading into a meeting.

Spanky53: Early on it was the major impact for me as it was for everyone else. Since restrictions have lifted here COVID hasn't impacted my play at all since my play is limited to my regular play partners only.

I work from my home and have been able to have a few spanking lunch dates.

However our new mandates that you must show proof of vaccination for indoor activates. Dungeon spaces have adopted vaccinated-only events and I did attend my first public play partner with a friend in a little over 3 years. The only drawback is the wearing of masks at all times even while playing in private rooms. But better safe than sorry.

Barrel: We haven’t seen a lot of change. Early on with restaurants closed, we couldn’t go out for lunch or appetizers before a session. So the build up over lunch was lost. But we still had more time and opportunities to get it done. However, as the Covid rules were developed, and we were vaccinated, my work travel intensified. So if anything, work got in the way. I still work from home so an early stop for a quickie became a welcome end to the day.

Enzo: The pandemic had a massive negative affect on my spanking activities.

I was beginning to date someone, who I was very interested in and also shared our preferences, just when the the pandemic broke out. Great timing. She retreated due to fears of catching COVID (not that I blame her).

Since then all other dating has been a challenge, at first because I simply wasn't attempting it as basically my region was shut down. Then as things opened up and outside dates were an option, things hardly ever progressed much further for overall fears of exposure via any contact. In general it has been a roller coaster ride throughout with the opening and shut downs, vaccination roll-outs, spikes, testing, etc.

Dating to find someone with mutual lifestyle preferences was already challenge; add in finding someone with also mutual approaches/beliefs about COVID - I wouldn't bet on those odds

Anon: Only major change discipline schedule is HOH has ordered me to strap her if he violates our agreed to covid rules. If anything I'm getting it worse, still recovering from last trip to basement for razor stropping 3 weeks ago. HOH really beat me for humiliating her in public after she warned me I'd regret it if I did. As covid rules we do our best to avoid contact with people. We shop early and in a limited number of stores avoiding dollar stores Walmart and pretty much any place that has a lot of customers. At home if we have guests everyone has to be masked inside and out.
Effective today, due to new variant, HOH and I will be masked at all time outside of house, even in backyard.

Hermione: We wear our masks and stay socially distanced while Ron spanks me, Luckily the flogger allows him to stay six feet away from me.

Just kidding! It hasn't affected ttwd in any way. Ron stays in because he is more at risk than I am, and I run all the errands. Masks and social distancing are required everywhere. We don't travel, so no problem there, although I do miss the occasional lunch out. We did decline to have our family visit for over a year, until we had had our two vaccines, because they live in an area with high COVID numbers and residents were advised not to travel (but they did anyway, because "We aren't at risk" and "ivermectin" and "hoax" etc).

Stay safe!

From Hermione's Heart

No comments: