Monday, April 8, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for April 7

Do you think it's necessary for spankings to feel deserved, that the spankee earned the punishment?

Bonnie: My answer is no, but the experience is more meaningful when I feel I am being spanked for a reason. Even when that reason is contrived, it still promotes a corporal punishment headspace that I find beneficial.

Sage: The question of whether my spankings are deserved is a question of whether I've been good enough to deserve them. Because I'm not into a punishment head space, but I love spankings. My partner thinks I'm good enough to deserve the pleasure of them. So I'm glad of that.

I am curious as to what is beneficial about a corporal punishment headspace, for those of you for whom it is so good that you create reasons why you deserve punishment. So if anyone wants to tell me, I'd love to hear your answer.

B: Our spankings are recreational, but always have a "reason." The reason is often determined during the spanking itself. I'll hold out as long as I can and then admit my misdeeds. The spanking proceeds, of course, until I'm properly punished.

Graham: It just depends on the parties' mood and what scenario they want. We often spank just for fun, to enhance our pleasure or as part of game such as Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, gin, ping pong, pool, etc.

That said, I find that receiving "disciplinary" spankings to be quite rewarding even though the "reason" may be somewhat contrived as noted above. Even so, no one is perfect, so it's not that hard to find a good "reason" for the spanking.

Finally, "I just want to give you a spanking" is a fine enough excuse!

Roz: Our spankings happen for discipline or punishment, to affirm our roles in our dynamic or for fun so no, for me I don't have to feel I have 'deserved' a spanking for it to be effective. In fact, often the fun spankings can be the most intense.

Norse Cavalier: Most of the spankings I give are for fun, so "deserved" doesn't really factor into it. Maybe you could make an argument that she doesn't 'deserve' to have so much fun, but I'm willing to spank her anyway - I'm very charitable like that.

As for punishment spankings, I'm not sure that I could give a punishment spanking if the young lady didn't agree that she deserved it. Consent is key, even for punishments. Maybe if it was a case of her going, "I don't agree that I deserve a punishment spanking for this, but I have complete faith in your judgment, so I'll submit anyway," but nothing like that has happened to me yet.

Luvinhub: When we entered into a Wife led Marriage with DD I gave my consent for my wife to spank me any time, any where, for any reason. So with that a spanking did not have to be deserved. Eventually we incorporated maintenance spankings to ensure I knew to behave and be obedient, to know my place, and a reminder that my wife was in charge. So, again no.

Since stepping out of our WLM she has spanked me once or twice from my asking. For me, agreeing with Bonnie above, spanking had more meaning with a reason whether that reason was deserved punishment or for general maintenance. 

Prefectdt: That definitely would not work for me. Once I am over the initial “OMG! That hurts, why do I do this?” it is only very seldom that I do not enjoy a spanking. So spankings as a punishment is not for me. Spankings as a reward, however, might get the desired effect.

Rosco: For Irene and me, it’s all a fun, roleplay sex game. When she spanks me, she usually makes up some story that I was caught peeking into the women’s locker room or any of a million similar themes. Occasionally, it’s because I didn’t do a chore or two at home but it’s a tiny part of our game.

The story is important for both of us. A spanking without cause is like a hot dog without mustard.

But if she were really annoyed with me for some reason, she’d never spank me. She might ignore me, however.

KDPierre: For me personally, I find it essential that a punishment spanking feel deserved. In fact, submissive or not, if I feel the declared punishment is undeserved, I will not submit to it until we hash it out. Often during this process Rosa will explain things in a way that help me see her point and once I am clear on things, I will then submit. Other times she sees my point and we resolve the issue without a punishment. I think if a couple is doing discipline for real life offenses, submitting to a spanking that feels undeserved might make for great submissive fantasy, but in reality, is only going to breed resentment over time. This is not to say that this policy is a free pass to avoid a spanking "I don't want". "Wanting" is not part of the DD equation, and in fact, NOT wanting it is probably a good sign the punishment is going to be effective. I'm only talking about objecting to something where there is ambiguity, which is rare, but does occasionally happen.

We do other types of spankings though, and for them, we usually have a 'reason' which is similar to those others have already mentioned. Even if the reason, is "just because". LOL I can even handle getting spanked for something utterly unfair if the atmosphere around it clearly recognizes that. I have even been a spanking proxy (taking punishment spankings in place of the actual guilty party) several times and have no problem with that, since the spanker recognizes that I am a proxy and not directly guilty of the offense.

I guess you could say that all the spankers in my life know that I will cooperate and go along with just about anything, as long as the reasons are clear and accurate.

Anon: While my spankings are few and far between because they are certainly something nobody would want on a regular basis they are not only deserved but well earned.

Sage: Fascinating stuff. Thanks for everyone who's sharing experiences. One spanking blogger I read, thought that the domestic discipline arrangement was cooked up by spankees for the purpose of insuring that they would be spanked regularly.
Spanking me is foreplay for my vanilla partner, so he's happy to do it. But as we grow older, if he can't have sex any more, maybe I'll need some excuse for him to spank me. Though, given my unpleasant experiences with punishment during childhood, I'll probably think up some excuse that will be more enjoyable to me personally than punishment.
Spanking blogs are so interesting. One writer said she was never punished as a child and thought parents who punished their kids must really care about them, so punishment scenarios made her feel cared about. 

Wendel: We are not into punishment spankings. Obviously there is some reason as to why we get spanked but the reasons are only for fun. Quite often the reason is just that we want to give or be spanked. The Misses says she loves to have a sore bottom. Same goes for me as well. 

Sore is More: The punishment spanking fantasy is definitely the most potent aphrodisiac for me and get the proverbial juices flowing in no time. But that's where the reality and fantasy do not collide. Will I ever be able to truly submit to one, the time will tell. As for now, I enjoy immensely writing them.

Sage Blum, my most heartfelt thanks to you for all the kind words and for reminding me how much I loved Izzie and Nick story. I'm back to writing it. The story I'm working on right now as part of A to Z challenge is in fact Izzie's backstory. Kind of a dead-dove variety but I promise, things will get better, as Aldous is Izzie's now ex-husband. Plenty of punishments there...

Hermione, sorry for the shameless plug but I miss you all, my dear fellow bloggers, and I'm glad to be blogging again daily!! I suggest to start with letter A.

Marie: Not at all! While I do think there is room for me personally for actual punishment, it's rare and self-driven vs imposed externally by someone else. I *enjoy* being spanked - in lots of different ways. Sometimes, "enjoy" is complicated and what I want and/or need is something that I don't actually like or enjoy in the moment but it's good for me. Discipline is a lot like this for me. It has nothing to do with having "earned" the spanking in the traditional sense of it being *reactionary*, but rather that discipline is good for me, makes me feel good, and is a way of intimately connecting with another person. I deserve that, 100% - but it's not reactionary in a "you deserve to be spanked because you've been naughty" kind of way, if that makes sense. I don't enjoy making up silly or "funishment" reasons for spanking either - I understand the drive and where it comes from, it just doesn't work for me.

KDPierre: To Sage: you said: "One spanking blogger I read, thought that the domestic discipline arrangement was cooked up by spankees for the purpose of insuring that they would be spanked regularly."

I'm sure that given the diversity of participants in this very broad, and personally motivated lifestyle, that may be true for some folks somewhere, but making it a blanket assumption, or asserting this is the sole reason, only serves to illustrate the author's lack of experience...and perhaps their personal prejudices as well.

FL: Spanking and role play, for me, go hand in hand. Or hand to cheek, as it may be. So yes, being spanked as punishment is a huge part of it. The reasons were contrived, the roles were assumed for the duration only, but the spankings were very real.
I have, on occasion, acted in a manner to provoke a spanking but it never really worked; it was more annoyance than provocation and more likely to lead to a row than a spanking. So fantasy role play was what worked best.

Hermione: We don't spank for punishment, so deserving isn't part of our equation.

Jack: Having a marriage based on FLR, my spankings are always for punishment. I may think I don't deserve a spanking, but my wife/mommy decides.

Is anyone planning a spanking during the total (or partial, depending on where you live) eclipse? 


Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

4 comments:

Sage Blum said...

Thanks for your comment, KD Pierre. It does seems that there is great variety among spankos. If I asked my partner for a Domestic Discipline relationship--where he made up rules for me & spanked me if I didn't follow them--he would never agree. Far from insuring that I'd get spanked regularly, it would insure I never would. Good thing I don't want that, as I don't want a different partner. Neither of us are into punishment of other adults. We'd make lousy prison guards. Or maybe we'd just bring sports & arts & crafts programs to the prison, so that prisoners would have more fulfilling lives.

Sage Blum said...

Vive la différence!

Anonymous said...

How about asking when it comes to spankings, either for sexual enjoyment or punishment is there anything that needs to be part of the spanking. Any unusual request, or the normal things that take place when a spanking is given. Jack

Lizzie and Walton said...

For us, the added arousal/sexual tension of there being a “behavior issue,” ostensible reason for the spanking, and the detailed, drawn -out ritual that goes with that (role playing to some degree) - adds significantly to the erotic experience of a spanking. If there’s a real reason, and the spanking is harder and longer, even up to extremely uncomfortable, to definitely be avoided – well, all the same dynamics still come into play.
Our take on true disciplinary adult spankings is that they would rarely happen if either the person giving the spanking or getting the spanking does not feel at least some level of sexual tension and arousal. Consider the opportunities. You start thinking about giving or getting a spanking. You tell someone you’re going to give them a spanking, or you’re told you are going to be spanked. Time for visualization of so many parts of the coming ritual that can cause erotic thoughts. Sure, there is fear, reluctance, if it’s really going to hurt. But there is also the stern order/being told it’s time, where to go, the sight of the hairbrush or belt, having your pants and underwear removed, being totally exposed inches away from the person’s eyes about to give you a spanking while they lecture you. If I’m being punished, Lizzie slowly removes my pants and underwear, and her lecture is long and embarrassing as I stand just in front of her with a full-on erection. If she is getting a spanking, I lecture her while she is across my lap, or bent over the bed for the belt, with her panties off. If the spanking is hard enough, the erection will subside for a while (another element of punishment). During the spanking, the person giving the spanking has an intimate view of a naked bottom, anus, sexual bits…and access. One naked body is spanked, touched, rubs against another body. We both agree all this can be (and in our case is) a turn-on, even if the disciplinarian is truly upset. Again, hard to imagine one or both players In this intricate scene not feeling a tinge of arousal during at least some part(s ) of the spanking ritual.
And when the spanking is over? One of the true benefits of punishment spankings in a relationship is that it clears the air relatively quickly, prevents hours or days of distancing, resentment, etc. Offers a wonderful chance to make up, move on. And what better way to put a coda on making up after a punishment spanking than making love. Does that detract from the punishment? Doesn’t have to. If a person takes their punishment spanking without question, follows all the ritual, puts up with the embarrassment, pain, and a sore bottom – what’s wrong with a reward after it’s all over? A way to put smiles on two faces and move on with life!