Monday, January 30, 2012

From the Top Shelf - The Canery


Today's fiction selection comes from The Canery "where adults receive the rattan cane for pleasure and discipline". This excellent blog has a vast assortment of stories - F/F, F/M, M/F and M/M - so if caning is your thing, you've come to the right place.

Here's an interesting story called Closing Down Sale, written by Rod Cayenne. I like it because the gender of the one receiving the cane is left to the reader's imagination.


“There’s not many of us left, you know.”

“What?”

“Us old school policemen. You know, ones who can remember when the local bobby was feared and his word was rule. When a swift slap or caning was dished out unofficially.”

“Wait! You mean you used to use a cane on criminals?”

“Not criminals really. Would-be criminals. Wannabes, you’d call them nowadays. Anyway, I did use a cane. Unofficially. All the values I held dear count for nothing these days, though. It’s the end of an era. Everything’s politically correct now. I feel like I’m in some weird kind of Closing Down Sale. Such a shame. By the way, I still have a cane.   Would you like to see it?”

“Ooooh, yes please Uncle!”

He went upstairs and could be heard rummaging around. Eventually he returned, with a devilish looking crook-handled cane in his hand.  Coupled with his neatly pressed black uniform, he really looked the part – a real disciplinarian. He swished the cane around. What an impressive sound it made as it cut through the air.

“What do you think of this then?” he asked and laughed.

“Wooh!  Wicked, Uncle!  I bet that hurt! How many strokes would you give?”

“Well, six was traditional, of course, but sometimes I’d be asked to give more. Or I just decided that more was appropriate. This cane ruled the village, just as the headmaster’s one ruled the school.”

“Gosh!”

“Yes, it was a real reign of terror. Of course, as a young copper in my early 20s it helped get me the respect I was due.”

“I bet.”

“Not many repeat offenders. The courts could order birchings, too.  Life was simpler and better.”

“Uncle, this may sound funny, but may I try a stroke or two of the cane?”

“Whaaat? No, definitely not! Whatever would your parents say?”

“Well, I am 22, so it’s none of their business, really, is it?”

“No, I suppose not. But the answer’s still no. I wouldn’t want to hurt you. You know – and I really shouldn’t tell you this – I always insisted on a bare bottom.”

“It’s alright Uncle. Your secret is safe with me.”

“Cheeky! It’s not a secret. But the answer’s still no. A big no, do I make myself clear?”

“Yeah” was the sulky reply.

“Good. Don’t you ever ask me again.”

Just then the phone rang in the kitchen. A long conversation followed and uncle frowned. As the call ended, he returned to the living room and picked up the cane.

“That was your dad. He tells me you’ve been smoking, drinking and swearing in the house, and that your mum is really upset.”

“Sorry, Uncle.”

“I reminded him that I had a cane. He agreed that perhaps a caning is in order, after all!”

“Oh!”

“Not so keen now, are you? Bare your bottom for me! Quickly! Now bend over the arm of the sofa.”

“Err yes, Uncle.” The sulky attitude had evaporated, to be replaced by fear and not a little excitement.

“That’s a rather nice bottom, I must say. Two strokes for smoking, two strokes for drinking in the house, and four for swearing at your mother. Eight crisp strokes for you!”

“Yes, Uncle, I’m sorry.”

“Mmm, you will be when I’ve finished with you!”


Read the rest here.

From Hermione's Heart

14 comments:

ronnie said...

The Canery new to me so thanks for the link and thanks for sharing the story.

I have to agree with you on liking it because the writer leaves it to the readers imagination.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Ronnie - I hope you find more stories there that you like.

Hugs,
Hermione

Rod of The Canery said...

Hey Hermione! Many thanks for featuring my blog "The Canery"! The blog aims to cater for all flavours of caning stories. "Closing Down Sale" is actually a favourite of mine. There are a couple of other gender unspecific stories - "Arrival" and "Sweet Dreams". These sort of stories are quite hard to write but I will try to compose another soon, as they are obviously popular. Thanks again, Rod of The Canery

Spanky said...

I recently found the Canery too. It's definitely worth a visit.

Lea said...

Very cool site, thanks for sharing!

Hermione said...

Rod - It was my pleasure. I hope you got plenty of page views from readers who wanted to know how the story ended.

Spanky - I thought it would be of interest to many readers.

Lea - You're welcome.

Hugs,
Hermione

Rod Cayenne of The Canery said...

Whoa,Ronnie! Thanks for the compliment on the story. I can see I shall be spending many a happy hour reading your blog!

Rod Cayenne of The Canery

Rod again said...

Have added a link to Heart And Soul on my blog...it joins Hermione's site and Spanky's there...

The Canery said...

Spanky's site "Bright Bottom" is also a great blog. It deserves your support, everyone!

R o d said...

Lea - Glad you like my site. I have now added a link to yours, which is new to me. Looks very interesting...

Thanks, Rod

Rod Cayenne of The Canery blog said...

Hermione

Hi thanks yes I did get a lot of hits! In fact, it was the second busiest day ever on my blog! So, many thanks! You are welcome to use any of my stories in full or in part on your blog if you feel like it ever.

I really must write Part 2 of "Closing Down Sale" - I promised to ages ago, but hey maybe I just needed a little motivation...LOL!

All the best, Rod

Hermione said...

Rod, I'm delighted that my post got you a lot of attention, and introduced you to some great blogs you hadn't visited before. We're all here to help and support one another.

Hugs,
Hermione

Rod of The Canery blog said...

Hi Hermione

By popular request, I have now posted a second part to this story on The Canery blog. I have tried to keep the gender unspecified again. Hope everyone likes it!

Rod

P.S. Many thanks for your support. It is appreciated.

Hermione said...

Hooray! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for letting me know.