Thursday, July 9, 2026

Back to College

I first saw this picture when I was still at university. I was off for the summer and didn't have a job, so my upstairs neighbour lent me his collection of National Lampoon magazines to pass the time. I was a fan of MAD magazine, so I gladly accepted his offer. I was pleasantly surprised, although i confess I was shocked from time to time. National Lampoon is somewhat like MAD, but much edgier.

Then I found the issue with the above cover. OMG! Really? I was so tempted to keep it, to neglect to return it along with the rest of the issues. Surely the lender wouldn't miss it. 

But maybe he would. So I drooled over the cover for several days, then finally returned it, along  with its fellows. Now, thanks to the miracle of the internet, I can enjoy it whenever I like, and you can too. 



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

Jean Marie said...

I, too, first saw this cover in my youth. It contributed to helping me get over feeling like a freak because I wanted to be spanked to ignite my purest sexual impulses. I love how she's just observing, not protesting. I love how the professor is using a slide rule to spank her. I love the fullness of her bottom.

Rosco said...

Such a delightful risqué naughty image. Ooh la la.

Hermione said...

Jean Marie - I love the slide rule too. How quaint!

Rosco - Probably the dream of many college students.

Hugs,
Hermione

Rosco said...

I made a brief comment on the juicy image yesterday then woke up at 330 this morning with a memory from my college days that I’d turned into a disciplinary fantasy.

In the winter of 1975, I took Giants of American Literature - my worst subject. I did have an attractive teaching assistant who seemed to be straight from central casting. Miss Johnston dressed typically in long dark skirts, leather boots and high necked blouses with her hair in a bun. She would have looked out of place pretty much anywhere, but especially stood out in sunny Southern California.

I tried to do well at the beginning of the term. I sat in front and engaged. Miss Johnston responded positively. But by the third week, my negative attitude and lack of preparation had come through. I just couldn’t handle Moby effing Dick or whatever long boring novel we were reading and from which we were expected to glean some sort of insight. Miss Johnston reprimanded me sharply a time or two. I started sitting in the back, and eventually survived with a C.

I should have gone contritely to see her during office hours and apologized for my behavior. Miss Johnston might have lectured me for my pouty attitude and poor habits, the lowered my pants for a sound thrashing with her riding crop. I’d then be left pants down in the corner for an hour to read that book a bit more thoroughly. Following another, longer whipping from her riding crop, Miss Johnston instructed me to kneel so I could polish her boots and eventually deliver the ultimate atonement for my misbehavior deep under her long skirt.

Bonnie said...

That Lampoon issue came out the month when I moved into a college dorm for the first time. I remember seeing the cover on a magazine rack in the bookstore. I wanted to stare (OK, I really wanted to buy it and take it home), but I worried that might give away my intense fascination with the subject matter.

TTWD said...

I loved that cover, and it certainly helped increase my spanking desires immensely. It also meant that spanking was an acceptable practice. I am certain I dreamed about that occurence! cheers Red

Dan - A Disciplined Hubby said...

I didn't discover that cover until long after it was published. I'm sure it was scandalous at the time! Or, maybe not. Maybe college spanking was more of an open thing then than now, thanks to fraternities and sororities? Remember Kevin Bacon getting paddled in Animal House?

A.J. said...

What you do in a situation like that is buy a couple other magazines at the same time; Time, Sports Illustrated, Vogue. etc. Slip them in and they think you are just well-read.

A.J. said...

(Ahem...) I still have my copy.

The slide rule? Only used it for physics class. Trashed it 25(?) years later after finding it in the bottom of a box in my basement.

Bonnie said...

I didn’t seriously consider that possibility because I was just turning 18 years old and living in close quarters with a new roommate who I didn’t know very well yet. She was a strange girl in a conservative way. But my brain took a snapshot of that image that drove my spanko fantasies for years to come.

Hermione said...

I had a slide rule too, but never figured out how to use it properly.