Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back to Normal



Our older dog, Fang, has serious health issues that are well-controlled with medication. But one morning last week, he was under the weather, and refused not only his breakfast, but also the tasty morsels in which I had hidden his pills. Ron immediately thought the worst was about to happen. I'm more pragmatic about these things, and diagnosed a digestive upset, based on generous evidence on the carpet.

After a morning of rest and two doses of tummy medicine, Fang was starting to come around. By lunchtime he accepted treats, and I knew he had bounced back after he scarfed up his afternoon meal and looked around for more. Ron was still concerned, though, and watched Fang carefully for the rest of the day.

Later, I had just given both dogs their evening biscuits and was walking past Ron when I felt a hard swat on my bottom.

"Ow!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

"I'm sure you didn't. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Yeah. It was there."

I was glad to see that Ron had bounced back too.


From Hermione's Heart

7 comments:

PK said...

Glad to hear everyone at your house is feeling better!

PK

ronnie said...

Sorry to hear about Fang Hermione but happy to read that both Ron and Fang had bounced back by the end of the day :)

Love,
Ronnie
xx

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

Glad to hear that your pup is getting back on form. Older dogs can be such a worry.

Prefectdt

Jean said...

Glad, Fang is feeling much better and everyone is back to normal

Em said...

It's so hard, isn't it, when our furry friends are under the weather. One of my own is suffering a flare-up of a recurring issue right now and I hate to see him out of sorts.

So glad Fang has bounced back quickly!

turiya said...

Yeah, it can be scary when they can't really tell us what's wrong, but most of the time it's the simplest solutions that fix the problem. I think we often forget that our furry friends have tummy aches too. Glad he's doing okay.

*hugs*

turiya

Hermione said...

Thank you all for your good wishes. Fang appreciates every one of them. He's watching for squirrels right now.

Hugs,
Hermione