Monday, April 22, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for April 21

Are any implements a hard "No" for you?

Anon: I always refuse to use any implement which may crack skin. Redness rocks, bruising and handprints or brush prints are fine. Breaking through the skin level is a hard will not do.

Mark: We don't have discussed hard limits but we had a heavy rubber paddle that bruised me badly and I quietly disposed of it...

Rosco: Sure.

Irene likes the satisfaction of being able to deliver a good whack. Nice I bought a carpet beater but it was too stiff and hurt way too much. Once in a while I cut switches - they’re delicious but you gotta get em right.

Intense but not severe.

She’s overdone it a few times, but only a few - and sometimes she misses the sweet spot and whacks my testicles hard or a whip wraps around to the far hipbone. I like it to hurt but there are limits.

Sage: I retired the lexan paddle we had, and probably will retire the cane. Everything else we've tried seems good by me. I really don't like serious pain. And like sting rather than thud. Have returned things just because they were thuddy. We use wooden implements less often than leather ones, since I like leather better on most days. And since my vanilla partner would have a cow if he left marks on me, he doesn't. I am pink or red after a spanking, but if a mark looks like it's starting to appear, he adjusts his use of the implement so that doesn't happen.

Roz: We haven't really discussed hard limits when it comes to implements, but are on the same page that we wouldn't anything extreme, such as whips etc. I would like to add canes.

Dan: Rubber straps. All of our spankings are disciplinary and meant to hurt a lot, but those showed me that, even within our spanking niche, there is such a thing as too much. They also had a tendency to break skin, which was a big issue for my wife. Also, one of them smelled like an old tire. So, the rubber straps all ended up in the dumpster.

KDPierre: Over time we've just sort of mutually gravitated to what works best for us, with some implements being eventually retired, others kept for special times, and still others given hallowed status, but I can't recall anything that was a "hard limit".

A.J.: Pretty much "hands on." Maybe a small strap/belt if the hand starts to hurt.

I'm romantic that way.....

Prefectdt: Just saying “Delrin” seems to sum it up for me. I have a delrin cane, that has not cut the air for nearly 2 decades now, and that languishes at the bottom of the toy box. It just gives the wrong type of pain and I cannot process it, mentally. I hope one day to find someone who likes delrin and I can donate it to them. It seems such a sad waste to throw away a perfectly good toy.

Graham: Nothing that could cause real damage. We do like canes, which can certainly draw a little blood on occasion which is a sign to stop very soon! 

Wendel: We are not fond of canes or whips that can wrap around the hips. Paddles, straps and belts are favorites.

Barrel: We do not have any limits and have continued to dial our sessions up, both in duration and intensity. My wife likes the feeling she gets when she puts me into compromised territory because she knows it is what I want, and most often, what I need. We both get the endorphin rush from a serious thrashing. She really tries hard to not let our thin delrin cane wrap onto the sides of my thighs, and has grown quite proficient with it. However, in the heat of the moment, it will and deliver a deep wale. I am fine with it and wear them as a badge of honor, with fond memories.

Marie: My personal hard limits (with anyone) are anything with holes (like a paddle or strap with holes), anything rubber, lexan, synthetic canes like delrin, frat style paddles that cross both cheeks, and typically anything plastic other than the Mason Pearson hairbrush I have.

I tend to gravitate towards thud and especially enjoy leather.

Ronnie: We know what works for us. We don't do hard limit implements though some would say the cane was:), but not for me.

FL: Not so much a hard limit as being perfectly happy with the classics; hand, hairbrush, belt, and (rarely) cane. Both for their physical effects and their compatibility with domestic discipline role play.

Hermione: One of the early episodes of "Doc Martin" comes to mind. A man with a variety of injuries was a frequent visitor to the surgery. When Doc Martin went to their house on an emergency call, he found the man wearing leather and stuck in an apparatus that belonged in a dungeon. The couple were inexperienced and a little too enthusiastic in their BDSM explorations, and the result was a myriad of sprains, lacerations and dislocations. 

As for us, I submit to anything Ron cares to use, because I know he won't cause me any real harm. I'm not a fan of the dressage whip, and there is a delrin paddle that has never been used. 

On the flip side, Ron once bought a lovely red leather strap for me on Valentine's Day. After one use, he was disappointed that it didn't produce much of an impact. He's only used it once since, when I had hidden all our implements due to a family visit, and hadn't put them out again, so he had to use what he could find.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

1 comment:

Sage Blum said...

If there are any people reading here who are new to spanking, I highly recommend the tutorials at Bonnie's blog below. They helped us to understand how to avoid injury and to learn how more experienced people are doing this. We do things a little differently than some of that, but the tutorials taught us safety precautions & some options.

https://bottomsmarts.blogspot.com/