Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Winter Wonderland

Spring was coming along quite nicely. The daffodils were in full bloom, the song birds were singing their hearts out, and Ron had mowed the lawn for the first time. The lockdown wasn't so onerous when we could sit in the sunshine and read. 

Then it snowed. Last night, 10 cm fell. It's a winter wonderland out there now. The robins are looking pretty disgusted. For some unknown reason, the house on the corner of our street still has its Christmas lights on, day and night. Ron suggested we go over to that house tonight and sing Christmas carols.

Buy hey, this is Canada. Snow is part of the bargain. 

In other news, I got my covid shot yesterday.  It all went like clockwork and I was in and out in half an hour, including the 15 minute wait time afterwards, to make sure there was no adverse reaction. My arm isn't even sore this morning. Ron's was, the day after, although it wasn't his spanking arm -- good planning, Sir!

It's too bad that the vaccine won't alter our way of life. We still need to wear masks and keep socially distanced at all times. But we're well, and that's what matters.

Stay safe!


From Hermione's Heart


9 comments:

PK said...

I was going to complain that it was cold this morning until I read this. It was 53 degrees when I got up this morning, but it's going up to 65 so I'll hush. Glad you got your shots started. Someday, someday it will mean we can go out safely again.

morningstar said...

woke up and thought "merry bloody christmas" (grinning) On the plus side - we don't have to shovel it - it'll melt by tomorrow :) :)

Glad you got your shot - there's a sense of relief isn't there?? AND am very glad your arm wasn't sore and you had no after effects :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Ron got your vaccines. I got both of mine last month and I didn't have side effects either.
It's cold and windy here but no snow. Take care and stay warm.

Liza

Anonymous said...

Hi Hermione,

Glad to hear you have your jabs. Things are looking up here too and the South African Govt opened up registrations for over 60s to be vaccinated just a few days ago. I've registered and had confirmation. I hear, through my GP, that vaccine supplies should be available in May, so sometime soon. Daily new cases here have been around the 1000 mark recently, so we are not so badly affected.

Live long and prosper

Boru

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Congratulations on getting your jabs. And you can build a celebratory snow man/woman :)

Prefectdt

Fondles said...

gratz on getting the shots. we're doing our vaccine exercise here in full force too but like you mask wearing and safe distancing, including checking in and out of buildings and stations with our tracing app are all still mandatory. better safe than sorry I suppose.

sorry about the "winter". meanwhile I'd love to send u some of my 36degC heat. I'm dying over here.

Roz said...

Glad you and Ron have had the jab. Good news that Ron didn't get the jab in his spanking arm lol. Autumn is definitely kicking in here. Grr

Hugs
Roz

Mrs Fever said...

My husband has family in Western NY and the pictures they sent this morning looked like a winter wonderland for sure! It put me in the holiday spirit, if only for the moment I viewed the photos. ;)

Hermione said...

The snow is gone now and the daffodils are still smiling!

Hugs,
Hermione