Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Garden Adventures

We bought a new greenhouse, and last week I had fun assembling it in our spare room. It was too wet to work outside, and there were too many small parts that would get lost if I tried to work on the grass. So I put it together in two halves, then we carried it outside and finished the assembly there.

Up until this year we started our seedlings in a coldframe like this one.

But it's difficult to work on the plants at ground level, and hard to adjust the water. Either I miss some with the watering can, or the trays flood when it rains. So our new greenhouse is quite an improvement.

Ron put some stakes in the corners to anchor it and zip-tied the shelves in place, and I added Velcro to the ties that hold the door open when rolled up, because the ties are so short and untying tiny knots isn't easy! It's nice and roomy inside, but too small a space for any spanking. The plants love it, though.

Coldframes and greenhouses are very useful, but here are a few inventions that aren't.

 






Glory to Ukraine


From Hermione's Heart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Please post plant progress pictures. I always wanted a greenhouse but never bought one. Now I have a friendly nursery that will start nastertiums, tobacco or other odd plants if I supply the seeds.

Roz said...

Good on you Hermione and all the best with the plants. LoL at the inventions, the mind boggles.

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

I think you ought to try spanking there - your neighbors would love it.

WendelJones said...

I just envision Gene Kelly killing Debbie Reynolds when he tries to twirl that umbrella.

Wendel