Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In subspace no one can hear you scream

Subspace has always been a mysterious phenomenon to me, a mystical state of mind that has been described in various ways by those of you who are able to reach it. If you have to ask what an orgasm feels like, you have probably never had one, and I believe the same holds true for subspace. I may have had a glimpse of it once in the past, but only for a moment.

We were recently engaged in a particularly enthusiastic spanking. Ron had four implements lined up and ready to apply to my bottom: three wooden paddles of various sizes and shapes, and one leather paddle. As each one in turn hit my tender derrière I let out a protest. My "Ow!" was especially loud when the paddle hit what my husband calls my wow spot, the area that spans the base of my buttocks and the tops of my thighs. It is a tender place and the swats hurt much more there.

So we went on, and each time a different implement smacked against me I felt a fresh wave of pain. I was beginning to fear that I had lost my resilience and was not longer up to hard spankings. Then, unexpectedly, my world shifted. I had an odd sensation of floating; I was hovering over myself as I lay there. I could still feel the bed under me, but somehow I was also detached from it. Was this subspace? The thought immediately came to mind, then I worried that if I tried to acknowledge it or analyze it, the feeling would vanish.


It didn't. The nice, floaty feeling stayed with me. The swats continued from cheek to cheek, and they no longer bothered me. I didn't even feel them. The ones to the tops of my thighs still seared me, but i merely acknowledged the pain and moved away from it. At some point I realized that I had become silent, so I struggled to respond, but the only sound I could manage was "Mmmm." Ron concluded the spanking by saying, "We're done. You've stopped being noisy."

I blinked and wondered what would happen when I stood up. Nothing much, except that I didn't want to come down quite yet. I asked Ron to rub some lotion on my bottom, and that prolonged the return to reality for just long enough.

I rarely think of looking at the clock both before and after a spanking, but for some reason this time I did. Ten minutes had elapsed since we began, and that was ten minutes of continuous spanking, with only a short pause to switch implements. I'm guessing that the final two, or possibly three, were spent in that mysterious netherworld.

From Hermione's Heart

26 comments:

Dee said...

Wow Hermione. Ive never experienced this but from snippets that I've read, it sure sounds like it could have been. So was it a nice feeling? Strange? Scary? Did Ron get worried about why you had went do quiet? Sorry, a lot of questions. I have to admit to being curious but the thought also scares me, a lot.

Dee x

Dee said...

*so quiet* :)

Hermione said...

Dee - It was a very nice feeling, in spite of my need for analytical examination of it. I'm not sure what Ron thinks sometimes, but he knows I express my enjoyment in various ways.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Good for you Hermione. I have only experienced it once and it is an experience you do not forget.

Aimless Rambling said...

MMMM-never been there either but want to be. Ten minutes huh. I always thought it would be longer than that and my wimpy comes out before then. Glad you go to experience the sensation.

Our Bottoms Burn said...

the only sound I could manage was "Mmmm." Ron concluded the spanking by saying, "We're done. You've stopped being noisy."

I would be chatting up Ron to let him know it was NOT the time to stop.

abby said...

Good for you! I have been there once and it took a very long play session. Here's to more floating!
abby

ronnie said...

I've never been there myself - have had a glimpse of it but only once.

Lovely post and you described it perfectly Hermione, thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

morningstar said...

I nearly wrote about sub space today.... LOL... great minds think alike???

I am one of the lucky few - I reach subspace almost .. operative word being... ALMOST .... every time we play.

Maybe it is because we play for long periods of time.. I do know I rarely get there if it is a wham bam thank you ma'am sort of session... shrug.. don't know.. just know .. like you I have very little desire to come back to reality... it is nice out there dancing with my fairies :)

alex reynolds said...

Yay for you! I've also only been to that place once, but it's something I hope to explore more in the future.

Hermione said...

Joey - You certainly don't. I hope you get there again soon.

Sunnygirl - I suppose there aren't any hard and fast rules as far as time is concerned.

OBB - This really wasn't a time for chat. For once, I couldn't think of a thing to say.

Abby - Floating rules!

Ronnie - You'll probably manage to get there someday, if you've had a small taste of it.

Morningstar - We are often on the same wavelength. I expect the length of time does have a lot to do with it.

Alex - There's always a chance it will happen whenever you play.

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

Mmmm...I've been there. For me it was slightly different, I was in a punishment spanking, and had got to the point where I just HAd to say the safeword, it was hurting so much....but I felt a shift, as you said, where I wasn't there anymore, and as the smacks continued, they felt like caresses...I was arching up to greet them, accepting and embracing the pain... it took me ages to return to normal.... Davey said he could feel the instant I changed...he didn't know why, or what it was, just that I was not fighting the pain any more...
Its awesome, isn't it? xxx

Dragon's Rose said...

MMMM love subspace. A whispered word can put me there or a long hard scene. The aftermath lasts for days.

Erica said...

Yup, you went there. Lucky you; it's delicious, isn't it? :-)

Spankedhortic II said...

Sounds like sub space. Was it followed by a few (or more) hours of feeling generally high and euphoric and then a massive, depressing crash the next day. That is the usual pattern for me.

Prefectdt

ricky said...

I think you reached it.
What a wonderful description and
pic to illustrate that floating
feeling.
I've felt it during a spanking, but only for an instant: it was both ephemeral and evanescent.
And then it was gone.
But I have its memory.
And I am grateful for that.
Thank you for sharing such an intimate experience.

Blondie said...

I have never thought to put into words that feeling but you did it perfectly. I often think that is why I am a spanko cause that subspace is awesome. And it is easier sometimes to get to then an orgasm for me. But I am getting better at that too as I learn to accept me, all of me. Wow! That's all I can really say. Great post

Bobbie Jo said...

Yes, you got into subspace. Oddly enough, I went into subspace the first time I got a spanking from someone who knows what they are doing. She even told me that I had gone into subspace. I can tell you it was surprising. I never expected it.

Jackie said...

I have been there once. It was,like ignoring the pain and going to you own world.
Hugs,
Jackie

Lea said...

Thank you for sharing. It's always interesting to hear how one describes their "subspace." I think I have gone there once or twice, but it wasn't the same as what I read from others, so I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I have been fortunate to experience subspace on a number of occasions although it has taken some pretty heavy spankings to get me there. I kind of look at it as my reward for enduring a long and hard spanking. Usually the euphoric feeling last for a few hours and I am usually pretty light headed for a while. It is a wonderful experience. However when it comes to punishment spankings my wife and our disciplinarian are very aware of my ability to achieve subspace. So they make sure to keep me in the moment so that I don't drift off into subspace. Which is very unfortunate because that is when I really need it. I am glad you were able to experience the joy of drifting into subspace. I Hope that you can experience subspace often.

Anonymous said...

I'm late commenting, but I really enjoyed your story...it sounds like it's a type of euphoria.

Good for you!

Love,
Kitty

Hermione said...

Daisy - That's very interesting. I like that Davey could sense the change in you.

Dragon's Rose - How lucky you are.

Erica - Delicious? It's even better than pizza!

Prefectdt - I was a bit groggy for a few hours, and very contented, but didn't crash at all.

Ricky - I'm glad you thought the pictures worked.

Blondie - Thank you. It isn't an easy sensation to describe. I'm glad I wrote it down before I forgot it.

Bobbie Jo - You got there the first time? That's incredible!

Jackie - That's it exactly.

Lea - As I understand it, people experience it differently, so possibly you have gone there.

VBB - It really is a wonderful reward.

Kitty - Euphoria is exactly right.

Hugs,
Hermione

Galwaygiirl said...

Hi Hermione! What an amazing description! I wants....lol

Galway

Spanky said...

I meant to come back and read this one earlier, and forgot to do it. This description was quite amazing! I don't think we've experienced anything quite like this. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs, Spanky

Hermione said...

Galwaygiirl - Thank you. I hope you experience it someday.

Spanky - I'm glad I was able to express what I experienced. It was amazing.

Hugs,
Hermione