Monday, August 1, 2022

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for July 31

Tell us about your favourite implement of ass destruction.

Jean Marie: My all-time favorite is the hand. It conveys an intimacy like nothing else.
But I think the question is about other implements beside this. For me, that would be a razor strap made by London Tanners. When used to give me moderate swats, it warms with a radiance like nothing else in this world. It gives a sting that builds but is bearable, but that heat ignites me, consumes me, melts me down. When used to give me hard cracks, it curls my toes, it brings me right to the brink of what I can take. This strap has a metal clip on the end, which has two functions. First, it rattles when swung, so I know to anticipate a lick a second before it lands. Second, I proudly have this favored implement hung up on the wall in a private room. Guests/visitors don't see it, but I know it's there, at the ready.

Bonnie: Our implement preferences shift with the winds. If I get to pick (I don't), my current favorite is a firm, roundish, leather paddle. It's the perfect size for OTK use. This paddle creates a nice warm sting.

Roz: We have never had a large array of implements. My favourite would be our leather paddle.

Mark: I have a homemade leather strap that is about 20" long & 3" wide. It is three layers of thin leather sewn together for a total thickness of 5-6mm. It was sewn with heavy thread on a commercial machine and is beautifully polished.
Being strapped very hard with it is bearable (nice?) and a whole body experience. After a number of strokes it gets nicely harder to take.
I really like the thump, pain, and then blinding white after-pain of a hard cane stroke, but find that I am stiff for a day or two afterwards so don't volunteer for this very often. 

Rosco: Irene uses leather almost exclusively. We have a leather ping pong paddle, a two tailed tawse (importantly with a round handle for her small hand), a riding crop and a quirt. She’ll switch them up so I don’t know what’s coming next.

We haven’t cut any good switches for a few years. We did buy a birch a few years ago which was very fun but it dried out and crumbled eventually.

I think of spanking toys as having unique flavors, and I crave the deliciousness of each when properly applied. Honestly not all blows are equal in satisfaction.

Leather whippy things are most likely to wrap around to the far hipbone, causing decidedly unsexy pain. And once in a while they catch the testicles which can be excruciating. (Though I do enjoy lighter blows on my balls with a riding crop, something I never would have guessed.) But I still like leather, in spite of the occasional errant painful stroke.

Paddles deliver more of a thwack. They’re less like to land wrong but a blow on the tailbone doesn’t go away quickly.

I do love the welts raised by a switch or a birch. They burn deliciously for awhile.

Most important is sufficient duration, intense but not severe.

Rich Person: I like to use the Lexan paddle. It seems to have just the right effect: future obedience. I also like to use a birch switch or a single switch. The birch switch can create a good erotic effect if used without too much force. I would say a hand is a great "implement" because of the physical closeness, especially with the subject OTK.

Generally, I think the term spanking should be reserved for hitting with the hand. So, if there is an actual implement involved, that would be a paddling or a whipping (or caning). I think this helps to convey the level of intensity. So "spanking implement" seems like an oxymoron to me!

Prefectdt: Rattan canes are always my favourite. I think that as a solid implement, that can flex, they can achieve that "even strike across both buttocks" effect, in the most wonderful way. When in the hands of a competent Top or Dom(me) that is. They also come in such a range of sizes and flexibility that gives each one a unique sensation to be experienced.

Ronnie: Rarely do I get to choose an implement, when I do I always go for the leather rose paddle. It covers the bottom nicely and leaves a lovely warm sting.

Jack: I can only respond to this question with what My wife prefers. A gift from her mother, a bath brush, on it, it says, 'Are you Listening?'

Wendy: For general use, I think my favorite is our 1/2” thick cherry wood hairbrush style (but slightly bigger) paddle. It has plenty of sting and a substantial feel without being too much.

Lately, I am also loving a large shiny black acrylic paddle acquired through Etsy, called the “Obsidian.” For being large and thuddy, it also has a nice sting. The after-feel seems to last longer than wood, yet it bruises less.

My husband’s favorite to use on me (which I love to hate) is a plastic pink bath brush. It STINGS!!!

Great question!

A.J.: I'm with Jean Marie - the hand. And for the same reason, it's intimacy with the bare bottom.

I do admit that my personal drawback with the hand is that I/she can wind up with a sore hand and bollix up the moment. (I once spanked a GF who barely reacted to my spanking her, so I kept picking up the pace and intensity! Her? Nothing. Me? My hand hurt so much I had to stop! Told her to get off my lap and find something in her apt. that I could use to spank her.

She did! Came back with a flat wood kitchen tool and a hairbrush from her bathroom! That was on a Tuesday night. By Friday the fleshy part of my hand was black/blue and I made up a story in case someone asked me about it!)

Unlike Jean Marie, not the razor strap but a soft leather belt, whether giving or receiving.

Now, let me change the subject for a moment. I wrote last week's question about wondering what you looked like giving or taking a spanking. I was out for the weekend so I didn't get a chance to respond.

The background is that some years ago I was going through boxes of "stuff" in my house, a couple of them - photographs that went back decades. And in those boxes were nude/topless photos of girls I had dated who let me take them; nothing explicit, just while we were on a deserted beach, skinny dipping, or at home. Fun stuff.*

Years later I was with a switch spanking friend and mentioned those photos, and then thought I didn't have a single photo that included otk spanking; me spanking her or vice versa. And I wondered what I look like while otk and being spanked? Do I wriggle around, kick, twist, take it passively (Ugh...) - what the heck do I look like? On the other side, what did I look like as the spanker. What's my technique? Her reaction? Am I any good? Provide a nice even coverage?

If we were at her place we might have asked her (Wild!) roommate to take a video with my iPhone so I could find out, but she was out. We tried to set up my iPhone where it could record a couple minutes, but could never get the phone to stay in place more than a few seconds. (When I got back to my place it hit me! In my glove compartment was a cell phone holder with a suction cup to be put on the window when using Waze! It would have worked!! Too late, though. So I still do not know what I look like.)**

* Note: I DESTROYED every one of those photos. (I imagined getting hit by a bus and the horror of my family/heirs finding them!) And if I could find those past GF's, I contacted them to let them know they were destroyed. (A couple said thanks; one or two didn't care! Go figure.)

** If we had made a video I would have DELETED IT in a day or two; off my photos file, and off the "Deleted" file, and off the cloud! All THREE places!

Anon: By far, it is my thick, large wooden hairbrush. I love the reactions it brings, the marks it often leaves, the sounds it makes, plus the way it flattens rapidly the area spanked.

I like starting by hand but handing the spankee the brush to keep by her on the floor in eyes' view, and, of course, at the right time, telling her to hand Sir the hairbrush.

Loki_Darksong: My favorite implement is The Cane.

I have always had a fascination with them since reading various scenes in Victorian erotica in my teenage years well as the various caning scenes you would come across in mainstream films.

I love the fact that something so small and flimsy looking is capable of causing the most intense responses in people and leave very beautiful markings afterwards. I still recall the marks I had after caning I got for my 21st birthday!

It is a joy for me to give a good caning and receive one as well for all these reasons.

Anon 2: Wife only has razor strop and it provides plenty of pain with no play.

Hermione: I'll take leather any day, rather than any of the "hard" (wood, lexan, plastic) implements. My favourite is a short, wide leather strap. It has a handle for the spanker's convenience, and a cord attached for hanging it up. The surface is suede, and it's supple but stingy. If I have a choice, I'll pick this one over  any of our leather toys.

Barrel: Certainly my hand made leather strap which I repurposed from a shoulder strap from a carry on suiter. Doubled over itself, added weight in the slapper portion, coaxial cable in the handle, stitched together with heavy thread. My wife can whip both fore and back hand with perfect aim. The leather is starting to split where the handle meets the business end due to extensive use. 

Sub hub: There are two. Both small leather paddles, both the same size and shape. One is a solid leather design, and the other is two fingered.

There you have it! Next week, we'll take this discussion in the opposite direction.


Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

No comments: