Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The King

I don't mean the king of England, I mean the king of rock 'n' roll. Ron is a huge Elvis Presley fan. Me, not so much. Elvis was pretty much before my time. The Beatles were my teenage passion. Ron saw the latest Elvis movie (starring Austin Butler and Tom Hanks) advertised on tv, and we had a special offer for one free pay-per-view movie, so I ordered it. We had only watched the first half hour when Ron said he's had enough. He thought it was silly and unrealistic, and I agreed. It was weird!

I went hunting for Elvis DVDs on Amazon and ordered an older Elvis movie with Kurt Russell, as well as Elvis: That's the Way It Is. The Kurt Russell movie, we both agreed, was excellent.

On January 8, Elvis's birthday (he would have been 88) we watched Elvis On Tour as part of a televised birthday celebration. I never realized what a talented showman he was. The reaction from the screaming fans was exactly like the Beatlemania I remembered.

While the movies themselves were pretty awful, Elvis performed a few spankings during his career on the big screen. Here's the one from Blue Hawaii.

Happy belated birthday to the king. 

 From Hermione's Heart

7 comments:

Roz said...

Happy Birthday to the King! Pity the latest movie was disappointing, I haven't seen it.

Well done finding the clip Hermione. Spanked by the King..Mmm mm lol

Hugs
Roz

Jean Marie said...

Elvis was an icon! (But I'm with you about favoring the Beatles most of all.)
And "Blue Hawaii" is a great spanking scene, was very "influential" in my teen-aged fantasies!
I will see the Bas Luhrman version when it come out on DVD, but I think you for the warning in terms of expectations!
Warmly,
Jean Marie

Dan - A Disciplined Hubby said...

I had that same reaction to the movie, but you may have given up a bit early. The second half was a lot better.

Rich Person said...

Maybe you can recommend that to the "Spanking from television and mainstream scenes" site (
https://foundscenes.blogspot.com/). I kind of like that site, even though the quality of the images isn't always that good. But it's interesting to see how much spanking there has been on the screen over the years.

PK said...

I was a Beatles baby too, but Elvis was amazing.

Sore is more said...

Vanilla Spanking posts regularly on mainstream media spankings. I wonder if he already covered this film. https://mainstreamspanking.wordpress.com/

Ronnie Soul said...

I love that clip. Beatles for me though I did like Elvis. Sorry the film was disappointing. Haven't seen it myself.

Love,
Ronnie
xx