Monday, May 1, 2023

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for April 30

Describe the most expensive spanking-related object you own.

Wendel: We have bought a variety of Halloween costumes. They range anywhere from $50 to $150. The Misses purchased a paddle for about $75. It does a nice job, so money well spent. 

Roz: I love this question. We haven't spent big amounts of money on spanking -related gear. The most expensive would be a paddle and a few other items which didn't cost that much.

Simon: I once bought two beautiful leather paddles with a lovely embroidered design on the non-business side which if I remember correctly cost £100. Also although not directly for spanking I bought an electro-play set which cost £200 only to discover I don't really enjoy the sensation,

Bonnie: We have several fancy implements, but the most expensive item has to be our spanking bench. I love it. It was money well spent.

KDPierre: While I didn't purchase my wife, she still is probably the most expensive component of our lifestyle. ;-) Just kidding. Even she is astoundingly 'low maintenance' as are all of our toys. The expensive stuff ends up being the little gadgets outside of spanking itself, like a male chastity device. Otherwise we are very DIY with benches, toys, and even outfits.

 Rosco: Generally spanking etc is a pretty cheap hobby, at least compared to many other activities.

The first riding crop I bought was expensive, but only because I felt I had to buy other items or I’d be identified as, well, you know. It was the early 1980s, and I went to a local Western store. I looked around, found a couple shirts to buy, all the time eyeing the seductive bucket of riding crops. I felt it was obvious I didn’t ride so I had some story in my head that I would tell if needed, either to the young buxom salesgirl (she was maybe 22, I was 27) or the 50ish grumpy looking man who seemed in charge.

When I pulled out one of the longer, luxurious in its leather, riding crops, the young woman came over. I was so nervous. She pulled out a really short one, and suggested I try it. “It hurts plenty”, she said and for a moment pretended she was going to swat me with it. Then she laughed it off. I bought both crops and the shirts. She rang me up and I never had to talk to the grumpy older dude, even though he was right there at the register.

More recently, I bought a pair of high-end leather ping pong paddles for $150 or so. They were great but they fell apart after too much enthusiastic use, I guess.

Overall, I’ve probably spent the most money on lingerie and clothing for Irene. Some is only for the bedroom, and some mostly for the bedroom. She likes it when I buy clothes for her, whether for sex/spanking or other uses.

Anon: "The first riding crop I bought was expensive, but only because I felt I had to buy other items or I’d be identified as, well, you know"
Back in the late 1970s my high school English teacher closed down her stable and riding school and sold off all the tack and equipment as well as the small stock of new equipment the school had kept for sale. She was telling us the story of the going-out-of-business sale and how it was clear to her that some of the buyers were not planning to use what they bought for horses. I may have been the only teen in the class to pick up what she was implying; wish I had known enough to carefully scan the room to see if any of my classmates reacted!

Dan: While not strictly a spanking-related purchase, it's probably the leather ottoman at the foot of our bed. While it has other uses, like storing blankets, I did buy it specifically for spankings. Originally, I would place a large, rectangular meditation cushion on top of it and drape myself over them. But, more recently, it's simply where my wife sits during an OTK session.

I've spent way more than I should have over the years on high-quality paddles in exotic woods. The most expensive was probably around $140. 

Prefectdt: Directly related to spanking, I think that it would be my handmade rubber flogger, that hurts like hell by the way. I got it in a shop in Antwerp, that I did a review on, back in 2007, not long after I started blogging on Blogger. The shop's name was Catchu-2bkinky, sadly it closed down several years ago now. When I went into the shop, I instantly fell in love with every impact toy, that they were selling. Everything was handmade and locally produced by genuine enthusiasts. No cheap tat was available. After a series of events, my finances at that time were very low, but I just had to buy something from that shop. I chose the flogger because it was the lowest-priced impact toy that they had, at 75 Euros, you could probably double that, for the equivalent cost now. I have since purchased an electrical device (a Mystim) that cost more, but although it is specifically and painfully kink related, I could not say that it was for actual spanking.

Barrel: I have not kept track of the money spent for our lifestyle, but I think the the cost leader so far is a homemade spanking bench. Pretty simple A-frame with lots of padding. We are still working to optimize the location and lengths of the Velcro restraints. I forgot to deal with a head rest, so that is on my To Do list.

With the addition of a single tail whip that my wife seems to truly relish, I am eyeing wrist suspension cuffs that can pair perfectly with a vertical bike storage hanger. I highly doubt I will be fully hung, but my wife wants to practice/perfect delivery of each lash. The suspension cuffs are ~$150, which are a bit pricy given my recent retirement, but we believe in “quality of life” investments.

Hermione: One year I bought a felt stocking filled with 12 different spanking implements from Cane-iac. Each one was coloured white, pink, red, or green, in keeping with Christmas colours. The red and green cane was my favourite. Sadly, most of the implements were of made of a hard plastic-like substance and way too severe for actual use.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

No comments: