Wednesday, June 14, 2023

What will they think?

We regularly get calls from charitable organizations, asking for donations of gently-used clothing and household items, and I always have something to donate. I pack a box of unwanted items, leave it on the doorstep on the designated day, and it is picked up by a volunteer driver. 

So last week I was looking for unused items and came across some paddles from Cane-iac. They were part of a gift set of twelve implements in a red Christmas stocking -- the twelve days of pain, I think it was called -- but I had never shown them to Ron. The Cane-iac site is down now, but this is close to what they looked like:



One was white and the other was pink, and both were made of some sort of thick, rigid plastic-like material. No thank you, not on my butt! I decided they had been in hiding long enough and popped them into the giveaway box. I even left the Cane-iac tags on the handles:) I wonder what the people at the distribution centre thought when they opened that box.

Does anyone remember Mrs Betty? She was a dominatrix and former blogger who worked in a thrift shop. She would have been delighted to find my discarded pain sticks.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t remember Mrs. Betty. I can picture a lady from Caneiac with short hair and left handed - the left handed spankers are memorable.

We try not to collect too many implements so we can be sure they’re well hidden when we have visitors- including our adult children.

Most of the Caneiac stuff can be bought elsewhere but we did buy a birch branch there - would soak it in water before use but if fell apart after a couple of years.

Rosco

Dan - A Disciplined Hubby said...

FYI, cane-iac appears to still be open, for now. They have a notice at the top of the website saying they are still moving toward closing and are reducing inventory but still ordering some new items for resale.

Sore is more said...

You really put it in a donation box?? I admire your bravery. Or wait, was it a fantasy??

Prefectdt said...

Personally, I wish that I was the volunteer opening that donations box :)

Prefectdt

Ronnie Soul said...

Like, Pref, I would love to be the one to open your box.

Dan - I can't get into Cane-iac. Says not authorised to access the site.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Roz said...

I'm with Pref too. Would love to be a fly on the wall when they open the box!

Hugs
Roz

KDPierre said...

I simply love this. It's just so perfect on so many levels.

Jean Marie said...

I agree with the others; this is such a great post, such a phenomenal donation!
Warmly,
Jean Marie

WendelJones said...

I would love to know how many at the shop tried it out. Guessing the rest of the work that day was done standing up.
The pic looks like something the Misses bought from them called Sir Smack or the Smack Stick. Can not quite remember. It fits in a backpack and goes with her on all of our hikes. It is reserved for me and has one hell of a sting.

Bonnie said...

Hermione,

What fun! I could do this... Thanks for the idea.

Hugs,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

You should have offered them up on your blog! There is a chance I might have asked for it - but only if it had been used on you! (A baseball is just a baseball, until it is hit into the stands in a Championship game - then it has VALUE!)

A.J.