Monday, January 29, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for January 28

What effects has spanking had on your life?

Wendel: For us, spanking is the best kind of stress relief. There is a relaxing feeling of freedom when we spank each other out in the woods or the top of a mountain. All the stress of the daily grind goes away. I like to paddle The Misses before she starts work. It makes her relax more even though it is hard to sit. In turn The Misses will whip my bottom when I get home from work. She says it is to help relieve the stress of the day.
The other effect of our spanking practices is very sore bottoms. 

Sage Blum: I get the stress relief too. And my partner says I glow--I mean not just my red butt but my whole self. I feel lighter and more contented, and he says I look that way too. And I am able to have sex without using lube, which I didn't know would be possible. I am just beginning to be open about being a spanko, and getting my vanilla partner to spank me, and already all these things are changing in a good direction. It's awesome. Like I've discovered a secret.

Roz: Sage, firstly, I am so glad to hear you are seeing the benefits of being open with your partner. I think some of the things that changed for me were a greater awareness of my own body and acceptance of it (still work in progress!) And a deeper feeling of femininity. For us, introducing spanking has created a deeper level of connection and intimacy.

Jack: A stronger marriage, respect for the female, less stress, saving money. From the first spanking while dating, I knew this woman was what I needed, a take charge woman. This is a FLR and I'm totally satisfied. 

Mark: Good topic Sage. For me it is increased intimacy with my wife, we share something that the world does not (mostly) know about. It is a wonderful stress reliever, and I find it arousing. Mostly I think that she does too but I'm the only one spanked. Finally, the cane is available as the ultimate sanction for smoking - it is a clear deterrent to having the odd cigarette. It works, I don't.

Rosco: I had a singular powerful spanking experience at the tender age of 13, then not again until I was 24.

In the interim, I’d tried a couple of times, been rebuffed and was very hesitant to try again. It was a new thing for Irene when I mentioned it to her, but she and I gradually moved forward, incorporating related activities, and today have consistent super passionate sex within a femdom paradigm.

I do regret not being more confident in the intervening 11 years - some my girlfriends might have gotten into it but communication was not my strong suit.

I agree with others, that being spanked (and sometimes tied up, lectured, ordered around, serving corner time etc) is the ultimate form of relaxation. For whatever reason it’s something I crave and don’t think I’d be fulfilled if I hadn’t pursued this need.

A.J.: "What effects has spanking had on your life?"

On my life. Hmmmmm

I have to say it has had no effect. It's something I give and get on occasion, but it is not key to my life. It is just something I have fun with. Part of me, but not ME. And if I never spank and/or get spanked ever again? A damn shame, but that's OK, too.

Let me add one side note: I have met a lot of women and a few men who are into spanking, just like many here. What I came to realize one day - I liked everyone of them! ALL OF THEM were just nice people. And, I'm sure that includes everyone on this site.

Bonnie: That's a difficult question because Randy and I have been at this for decades. I'm not sure how a life without spanking would be. Less fun I imagine. Less connected, I'm pretty sure. I hope we never find out!

Chronic Excessive Manliness: Being that it is just part of my nature...trying to define or quantify "benefit" or effect, would be rather challenging...and wordy. :) 

KDPierre: I guess it's given me the balance I would not otherwise have without it. And as others have said, explaining the levels and nuances of that balance would take pages. But I do believe that besides keeping me on an even keel, that same balance has helped make me a better person and partner. And on the flip side, I believe it has helped the spankers in my life as well.....by giving them a quick viable outlet to deal with whatever they would otherwise find frustrating in me, and so rather than just harboring grudges or not be friends anymore, they just get their frustrations out on my butt, and afterwards everything is resolved and things are good.

Hermione: Spanking has validated who I am. As Chronic above said, it's just part of my nature.

Luvinhub: Unfortunately, spankings do not happen now but I am hopeful for the future. Therefore, I can't say that it is effecting current life. However, in the past spankings were punishment or maintenance and they helped to "clear the slate" of my wrong doings. They also helped me to be a better man and husband. The intimacy and closeness between my wife and I was definitely increased. While I have a love/hate relations with being punished I do miss the closeness it gave us.

Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

1 comment:

Jean Marie said...

Spanking has had a huge impact on my life; I usually feel it at about the eighth wallop from the heavy paddle!
Seriously, spanking defines me. It is more than just a facet, it's the whole diamond of my sexuality. I consider A.J. a good friend from our correspondence on my old blog, but I respectfully disagree with him on this one. If I thought that I'd never get another spanking in this lifetime, I'd get me to a nunnery.
Finally, it's a joy to see Sage experience the wonders of spanking through fresh eyes!
Warmly,
Jean Marie