Monday, June 3, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for June 2

Tell us about your special room.

Bonnie: For us, it's either our bedroom - the ground zero of spankings at our house, or the basement - where our spanking bench is located. Each has its merits. The bedroom is our default spanking location. It fits well with my domestic discipline fantasies (Oh, no, not the hairbrush!). Most of our toy collection is there. So are his cameras, microphones, and lights. And the bed is a very versatile piece of furniture.

The bench is perfect for serious spankings. With each of my limbs securely restrained, I'm not going anywhere until Randy decides I've been thoroughly punished. That actual surrender of control is a huge turn on for me.

Rosco: Nothing special now, but Irene and I used to have access to an actual tack room with a rack of riding crops on the wall. The room smelled strongly of leather. It was enticing but there was some fear of being discovered which would have been problematic.

Sage: Just the bedroom for me. Or living room if I'm going to bend over a chair or table. Severe spankings? No way, for me. I'm purely a hedonistic spankee and am not a submissive. And my vanilla partner doesn't have any desire to give me a severe spanking either. It's all foreplay to him. 

Anon: Basement here too, for serious no-nonsense strap hiding. 

Jack: The bedroom, my wife/mommy will sternly say "to the bedroom young man", I know I have gone too far.

Roz: We don't have a particular room for more serious spankings, the bedroom has a more serious feel for me though for some reason. All spankings are either in the bedroom or living room.

Wendel: The severity of the spanking is about the same no matter the room, but the kitchen is the favorite spot. Just always felt it was the most proper place to spank. 

Prefectdt: No, I don't have a room like that, but I often fantasize about having one and how to decorate and equip it. It is nice to dream :)

 Barrel: Depends on which house, but we do have an unconventional set up in one of our garages. We installed an electric lift to store bicycles, golf clubs and winter equipment overhead above the cars. All of these hang on hooks. With the bicycles, clubs and shovels removed, the hooks create a wonderful rack for immobilization in a standing position. I assembled two wrist restraints from soft nylon rope that when connected to the hooks and the electric lift raised, I am on the balls of my feet and can’t move. With a small Velcro strap around my ankles, I am in a perfect position for what ever thrashing my wife wishes. She especially enjoys using the single tail whip, strap and two delrin canes with full range of motion, when we want an intense session. Probably beyond what most brunchers think is reasonable but it works for us, as when I am released, I am quite contrite and devoid of all pent up stress.

Ronnie: We don't have a particular room/space for more serious spankings. We mainly use our little office and bedroom.

Hermione: Like Wendel, the severity is the same, no matter what room we are in.  But at the moment, 100% or our spankings happen in the bedroom which is for us, as it is for Bonnie, ground zero.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

3 comments:

Sage Blum said...

Hey, you folks who get the severe spankings, do you ever get "leather butt." Which I think means you have to be spanked harder and harder with more and more severe implements over time, in order to feel the same impact. If that's true, do people end up no longer being just spankos but becoming Bondage & Discipline people over time?

Hermione said...

Sage: Those are great questions for future brunches.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Hi Sage:

From my own experience, and from every other DD-person who's comments I've read on the subject, yes our butts grow "built-in resistance" after regularly using a particular strap for a period (1-2 months). I believe it is the body compensating for repeated minor tearing/injury by growing more "connective tissue / collagen" under the skin and in nearby muscle.

My personal experience: (1) It takes 1-2 months to reach a "steady state," then I don't seem to grow any less sensitive to strokes; (2) it only takes a few (2-3) weeks for me to loose my "protection" -- strokes after then can feel very intense.

I have personally NOT noticed this "built-in resistance" occurring from use of canes similar rods, but that may simply be due to their infrequent use in our DD-relationship.

(I do personally know one other couple where the wife has had to progress through canes to using a spring-steel automotive antenna as her implement, then got very frustrated that even that seemed to loose much of its effect after several months. The hubby has kind of the ultimate "leather butt" after so many years of severe thrashings!)

I don't think this "acclimation" really has anything to do with moving toward a BDSM relationship (what many people consider the umbrella term ecompassing "Bondage and Discipline"). After all, most people who undergo such "high intensities" are already in some type of "disciplinary" relationship. Also, it is not unusual for disciplinary relationships to employ "restraint" during intense thrashings, to facilitate such intense applications and also to protect the recipient from self-injury from struggle. Same applies to more "playful / erotic" relationships; just visit Bonnie's blog over at My Bottom Smarts (bottomsmarts.blogspot.com).