Monday, August 12, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for August 11

Have you ever used anything like capsaicin to enhance your spankings?

Donn: No, we have never used any embrocation creams (e.g., capsaicin, "tiger balm(R)," etc. . .) to simulate the heat of a spanking.

We have used capsaicin concentrates for other, punishment, purposes, but capsaicin usually needs to be applied to mucus membranes or other sensitive skin to have truly punishing effect.

However, it is an interesting question: Since capsaicin drastically lowers the temperature threshold at which pain neurons fire, and spanking/paddling/thrashing dramatically raises skin temperature (through both mechanical-friction-impact action, and capillary dilation), the combination of heated-skin + capsaicin could be quite intense. A simple butt roasting with a hairbrush might feel like someone is applying a blowtorch, an even hotter strapping or paddlin" might feel like someone is applying molten lava.

I think it would be good idea to go very slowly in any experiments applying embrocation creams to areas subject to spanking / external-heating. (Do we have any spanko/capsaicin-test dummies in our audience? Of course, for "data collection," solely for "scientific purposes" ;- ).

Dan: I've never tried it, but I would probably be interested in it to the extent prolonged the after-effects of a hard spanking.

Bonnie: Yes, but I'm not a fan. It's just not the same.

There are some types of lotion that can increase skin sensitivity before a spanking. That has happened.

Rob Allen: Never done it, but would consider it if a partner wanted it.

Wendel: We have tried spraying ice cold water on the fanny before spanking. It definitely increased the paddle sting but did not do much for hand spanking or the belt. We are not really interested in creams to enhance the effects. Spankings sting enough already. 

CEM: Nope and nope. I'm a purist. Food stays in the kitchen. I know nothing about any creams, body washes or lotions that enhance anything. I know about Bondo, grease and guy stuff...but I've never felt the need to use a product to add to the event...and based on the wailing and squealing from the recipients, neither have they. :)      

Roz: This is something I used to hear a lot about, either in addition to a spanking or as an alternative to spanking when spanking isn't possible for one reason or another. I used to wonder what it would be like but we have never tried it.

Prefectdt: No, and I think that these things might be off the menu for me. Because of some other medications that I take, I cannot use things like Deep Heat for muscle pain, as they do not mix well with the medication. So I am not going to risk using rub on creams. Just in case.

Rosco: Never thought about it. It doesn’t sound necessary. Intensity can be determined by implement, and if I’m seeking a harder-than-usual spanking, I might get out a certain whip (we pretty much stick to leather) or just whine and complain.

Alan: It works to reinforce a punishment spanking a la Aunt Kay style when it is rubbed into a just-spanked bum. That effect can also be increased by adding 20 minutes of corner time while the creme begins to work. The burn can last for hours.

 Anon: I love using capsaicin cream to simulate a spanking although the burning sensation can be a little overwhelming especially if the bottom is damp. As an alternative punishment I like to use stinging nettles that I grow in my garden on a naughty bottom. They give a most wonderful tingly sensation that is long lasting and not at all unpleasant.

Hermione: No, the spanking itself is sometimes more than enough.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

No comments: