Monday, August 26, 2024

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for August 25

This week we contemplated the merits of pickle ball paddles.

Donn: I have no personal knowledge, as all of our paddles were professionally made for paddling (butts).

My general feeling is that most pro butt paddles are both heavier and much smoother than sports paddles. Heavier would generally mean less sting (compared to deeper thud), while smoother might tends to increase sting (for a comparable level of friction/abrasion).

Just my theoretical speculation. (I don't intend to buy a sports paddle for experimentation.)

Bonnie: Yes, we had to try one. The nature of the sport is such that the heavy paddles we prefer for spanking would be difficult to swing quickly enough to smack a speeding pickle. So those paddles tend to be thinner and lighter by necessity.

But like smaller ping pong paddles, they are usable for disciplinary purposes. When delivered in rapid fire fashion, this paddle can produce considerable.sting and redness. It has found a place in our toy chest.

Dan: We haven't, but I did buy my wife a necklace that has a pickle ball paddle-shaped pendant. It seemed like something she could wear that would look innocent but would have a secret meaning to just the two of us.

Wendel: We have no experience with pickle ball or the paddles. I did see one coated in carbon fiber. Guessing that probably packs a good wallop. Doubtful will invest in one.

Roz: Interesting questions. We haven't tried a pickle ball, or other sports paddle, but I imagine they can produce a good sting.

Prefectdt: I had to search Pickle Ball, as I had never heard of it. I found only one club and one location where it is played regularly in Belgium. As I have never seen a Pickle Ball Paddle, I will reserve my opinion for the present. I would happily try being spanked with one, should the opportunity arise.

S: Thank you again for hosting this wonderful brunch and using my question. I do not have any experience playing pickle ball but I am intrigued by the idea of so many paddles. I do not think my wife would like to be bent over on the court in front of me. She would know it would be more of a temptation then I could resist.

Hermione: We haven't tried one of these paddles, although the game is really popular here. We make do with a ping pong (table tennis) paddle, and it works very well.



Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like Pref, I had to look up pickle ball so no knowledge of how it would feel.

We have used a ping pong ball and that can leave a nice sting.

Love,
Ronnie
xc

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant ping pong bat:)

Anonymous said...

My wife reminds me the Bath Brush insures I will be a good little boy. The handles on the pickle ball paddles are not long enough to do the proper job. Jack