Thursday, June 9, 2022

Technology

Ron and I work well together as a team. He has his chores and responsibilities and I have mine. But sometimes I wonder what he would do if I wasn't around. Take the television for example. The remote mystifies him. 

He'll call, "I can't find CNN on this tv". 

"It's on our list of favourites. What list are you using?" 

"List? I don't know what list it is. CNN is gone." 

"Okay, I'll get it back." I set the remote to display only the channels on our favourites list (again!) and voila! CNN has reappeared.

Then there's the computer. "I can't do anything. The computer is too slow." 

"It's probably the antivirus doing something in the background. Go read a book for 15 minutes."

Or "The mouse is gone. I can't see the arrow."

"Turn the machine off and on. Read a book while you wait."

Or "There's a message on the computer."

"What does the message say?"

"I don't know."

"Well, is it a warning, or... Never mind, I'm coming."














Glory to Ukraine


From Hermione's Heart

4 comments:

Roz said...

LoL Hermione, I admit, some of these could be me. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Love it when all is going smoothly, but hopeless when it doesn't and with setting up new technology, software, apps etc

I think it's scary just how reliant on technology we have become.

Hugs
Roz

Terpsichore said...

technology is both a blessing and a curse. My husband is the technology person in our home...my solution is to turn the computer off and on to reset it - if that doesn't do it then I find something else to do and wait for my husband to get home. :-) Hugs

PK said...

I'm a technological wizard until we get past the turn it off and back on stage. If that doesn't work I'm done.

WendelJones said...

I had an IT Support job at a bank when I was going to school. I used to tell people that there are 2 reasons computers do not work. The dreaded “I-D-10-T” error and the even more horrific “User / Keyboard Interface”. Needless to say, I did not stay employed long.