Thursday, October 26, 2023

Greased Lightning

Sick Computer PNG - sick-computer-computer sick-computer-repair sick- computer-design sick-computer-art. - CleanPNG / KissPNG

The past few says have not been very conducive to blogging. The hard drive on our computer gave up completely, so the PC has been in the shop, having a new, bigger and faster hard drive installed. The difference is amazing. I used to dread opening Firefox. How long would it take this time? Would the mouse pointer disappear? Creating a new post took about ten minutes, with long waits for just adding one image.  

We lost all our bookmarks, so those are slowly being added as needed. Google Drive, which was supposed to back up all my documents and pictures, stopped doing so a year ago, so a lot was lost. Oh well, it could have been worse. Since the hard drive was no longer readable, the technician who fixed the machine couldn't tell that I'm a spanking blogger. 


Slava Ukraini
Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

3 comments:

Roz said...

Ugh, technology problems. Good thing the hard drive was unreadable. Glad you managed to get it sorted Hermione.

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

I LOVE computers, when they work perfectly and understand what I'm trying to do. Otherwise...

I'm glad you're back up and running now.

KDPierre said...

I am so sympathetic on the loss of saved stuff. I lost a ton when my situation occurred, and Google Drive was useless in retrieving any of it.