Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Craft Time Again


I thought this would be a fun way to display some instruments of correction. It's my project for the next rainy weekend.

The hanger came from one of my favourite thrift shops. I bought the
olive wood spoon at the same time; it's beautiful as well as effective. The hairbrush is advertised as one of the "ouchless" ones. Um, I don't think so. And the ruler was an impulse buy while I was picking up some printer cartridges at an office supply store. It has metric and imperial measurements.


If you look closely, you'll notice that the implements aren't actually connected to the hanger yet. I have to figure out a way to attach some tasteful loops out of leather thongs.


Come to think of it, these pervertibles are all pretty stingy. Do I really want them on display to give Ron ideas that I might be sorry for later? Maybe they should be for decoration only.

Where's my glue gun?



6 comments:

Greenwoman said...

LOL! My husband would just look at that glue and give me a certain stare that reminded me that glue is no obstacle....

I'd have to snag his screw gun and screw it into a stud to stop him if he really wanted to use it. So long as I issued no challenge to his lazy streak, he'd got find something else to use first. LOL!

Paul said...

Hermione, I wouldn't worry, if your man wants to spank you without spoiling your nice decorations, I'm sure he will find something.
Mel thought that my hand was a useful implement, and I wear something around my waist that would more than do at a pinch. LOL!!!
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Michelle said...

Inspired by Bonnie's brunch a few weeks back?

Hermione said...

Greenwoman - LOL I can just picture you screwing the implements to the studs in the wall.

Paul - Yes, Ron has access to a whole drawerful of alternatives.
That something that you wear around your waist wouldn't start with 'B' and end with 'T' by any chance?

Michelle - Yes, in a way. I had it in mind, and I'd already taken the above picture when I wrote my response. I lied when I said it was hanging on my wall, though, because obviously it isn't, yet. But it will be, soon.

Brooke D said...

Hermione,
That wooden spoon is absolutely beautiful! I had one that was not shiny like yours, but it broke :(
That's okay, who doesn't like shopping?

Anonymous said...

My advice is hide them in the back of the closet....waaaaaay back in the closet. Just for safety's sake, ya know?

(^v^)

k