Tuesday, May 14, 2019

What, no discipline?

We recently traded in our 10-year-old (but still perfectly reliable) car for a brand new luxury model, and Ron let me choose the colour. I call it a computer on wheels. It has so many bells and whistles the noise is deafening! Besides the heated seats (ooh!), it has two display screens, two clocks (analog and digital), a backup camera, and very clever windshield wipers that adjust their speed according to the amount of rain coming down. The steering wheel itself is a mini-control panel; heated and padded, it contains a host of buttons that control the sound system (I think). I've learned all I need to know—how to make it start, run and stop, and how to find CBC on the radio—but Ron will spend hours sitting in the car with the instruction manual, learning about all the fancy features.

There are lots and lots of lights, both inside and out. The dashboard display lights up like a Christmas tree, and various cryptic letter combinations appear, in a rainbow of colours, to warn you of impending doom or reassure you that a safety feature is in place. Recently I noticed a group of letters I hadn't seen before: BDSM. Was that a warning that a spanking was imminent? Or maybe the reassurance that this car, along with everything else, was kink-friendly?

But wait. On closer inspection the letters turned out to be BSM. What, no D? No dominance or discipline? This car wasn't going to be as much fun as I thought.
From Hermione's Heart

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever someone asks me “what kind/make of car is it” I answer “0ne with four wheels and an engine”

I once threw my car keys to a friend and said “see you back at the car,it’s silver in row A”
It was in row A but he couldn’t see it because it was red.

PK said...

How sad. To have all those wonderful features and no discipline - they missed the boat on that one.

Bernie said...

Too bad the seats don't also have the cooling option. That could come in handy after a vigorous spanking.

Joe said...

That's a feature they rally need to work on adding.

morningstar said...

Loved this post -- you are so much like I am when it comes to cars... Sir Steve suggested (firmly) that I get a new one this past winter and all I cared about was the colour and the price (of course)

And yeah there are more bells and whistles than I ever imagined I needed.... trust me when I say heated seats are the BEST in the winter!!

I'm sure Ron doesn't need a car to remind him of BDSM (grinning)

Enjoy the new ride :)

Windy said...

I love this post, Hermioine! So dang funny how our kinky brains automatically fills in missing information! Thanks for the laugh at this clever post. Hugs, Windy

Roz said...

Love this Hermione, the new car sounds wonderful, apart from the glaring omission lol. I totally would have read that too! LoL

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Anon - You're like me! A co-worker once asked me what kind of car my m-i-l had, and all I could say was, "White".

PK - Maybe that was in the special add-on package.

Bernie - Great idea!

Joe - I'll mention it when we take the car in for a checkup.

morningstar - Ron did all the research on what kind of car to buy. I didn't care at all, but I must say it is a dream to drive!

Windy - Our minds do fill in the blanks with kink!

Roz - It is lovely and I really love it.

By the way, BSM stands for Blind Spot Monitor - an amber light that comes on in one of the side mirrors if a car is in your blind spot. Very useful, albeit vanilla:)

Hugs,
Hermione

Riley Silver said...

Hi there. New reader, love your posts. This ond certainly gave me a good laugh.

ronnie said...

I love the colour. A BDSM feature, I was about to say to P we need this car:) I wondered what BSM stood for.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Riley - Welcome!

Ronnie - I thought some auto nerd would explain it to us all, but he didn't comment:)

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

It was August and real hot. I was looking at and sitting in a used BMW and asked the seller: "What's this button for?"

It was to turn on/off the heated steering wheel!

I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Until a cold, wet, clammy day three months later. I will NEVER buy another car without one.

On the side, a GF got to drive her boss' car that had air conditioned seats. Said it was unbelievable. I may get that - but it better have that steering wheel heater!!

A.J.