Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Going Green

Our good friend Fondles has a green thumb, and she  has introduced me to so many plants I was unfamiliar with, one of which is the money plant. I had to research it, and according to Google, there are a lot of different plants that go by the common name money plant.   

When I was shopping two weeks ago, I passed by the plant section on my way out and saw a big sign on a chalkboard: "Money Plants!".  I looked but didn't see a smaller sign near the actual money plants, just a sea of green and an amazing variety of small foliage plants, so I was still none the wiser. 

It seems that one of the plants that goes by the alternate name of Asian money plant is the jade plant. I've had jades in the past, and decided my garden window would not be complete without one. We have garden windows in the kitchen and dining room; they jut out about 18 inches from the outer wall and have glass shelving for plants. Very energy-inefficient but beautiful. So yesterday while grocery shopping, I stopped by the plant section and picked up a small jade plant.


I looked around but didn't see any of the bum-shaped plants pictured below.













From Hermione's Heart

6 comments:

morningstar said...

LOL why didn't I see some of those plants when I was shopping for some green for our new house??? I could have used the giggle

Fondles said...

HAHA If i saw that cowboy's buns here i would DEFINITELY buy them.

Thanks for the hat-tip. :)

Jean Marie said...

These pictures started my day off with a giggle; thank you!

Roz said...

Hi Hermione, it seems Fondles is passing on the plant bug through blogland.

These ardd great fun lol, I would definitely have cowboys bums too lol. Thanks for the giggles:)

Hugs
Roz

ronnie said...

Cowboy bums lol. Never heard of that plant. I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I'm in a garden centre. They made me smile, thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

some fun planting pots. Hope spring comes soon
bottoms up
Red