Thursday, May 5, 2022

Tax Time

Our tax returns were due on April 30. We got them done a week earlier, thanks to Ron's urging and my previous preparation. For the last few years we have used free software to prepare our returns, and I had already downloaded the latest version for us. It's pretty simple to use, but Ron always has trouble, and I was on standby for an hour or two while he struggled to enter his figures. He's just not technically-minded, and I often wonder what he would do if I wasn't around to supply technical support.

Here are some examples of the problems that tech support gurus encounter.

The client spilled coffee on his keyboard so he put it in the oven to dry out



A major bee infestation



Why doesn't my power bar work?



Disk fragmentation - 15%



Lost the charger, but wait! There's a backup



My computer is frozen :(

Update on our taxes: About ten minutes after I had submitted our returns electronically, we each got an email from the Canada Revenue Agency saying our returns had been received, evaluated, and here's what we owe. Such efficiency!


Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

2 comments:

Roz said...

Wow, that was efficient! Taxes are a good thing to get behind you. The mind boggles at the fais. Keyboard in the oven? And wow, the bees!

Hugs
Roz

WendelJones said...

I love the frozen MAC.

Wendel