Friday, July 8, 2011

Bewitching Bottoms

Our national newspaper recently printed an article with the intriguing title Bewitched by Barichara - and its big-bottomed delicacy. Could this be about a mysterious spanking island?

Not quite. Barichara is a small town in Columbia. The big bottoms belong to a species of ants called hormigas culonas - big-bottomed ants - that are considered quite a delicacy. Besides being high in protein, they are considered an aphrodisiac. Naturally!

"When a burning morning sun follows a night of rain, female ants leave their underground colony to take their nuptial flight, exposing themselves to ant hunters who flock the hillsides in hot pursuit of the ants' tasty rear ends."

I think I'll stick to popcorn.

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it taste like chicken? I will stick to chocolate.

Meow said...

I vote for chocolate, too! I wonder if they have big bottoms because they get spanked a lot in the nest?

findingsara said...

Um yeah, count me....OUT!

Anonymous said...

Ants have a peculiar odor...I eat vegan so ants are out, lol!

Kitty

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Here in Belgium the farmers breed special big bottomed cattle, so that there is more rump steak. They don't fly as well as the ants though.

Prefectdt

Hermione said...

Joey - Very tiny chickens!

Sorry, I don't know.

Meow - They must taste like chocolate if people drop what they're doing to chase them.

Sara - I'm with you on that one.

Kitty - I have heard they are sour, but never got close enough to sniff one.

Prefectdt - No, I'm sure they just hover above the grass.

Hugs,
Hermione

Season said...

♬Just what makes that silly old ant
Think she'll hide a rubber strap plant?♬

Hermione said...

Season - ROFL! You crack me up!

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

Definitely voting for chocolate...or popcorn...or butterscotch...or fudge... or any combination!!!! xxxxxx

A. Lurker said...

Hi Hermione,
Just catching up on my reading and can't help commenting even though it's a tad late.

1/ I think a colony of WOOD termites would take care of those ants!

2/ Somewhere, someone is going to discover a colony of leather-handed uncles to take care of those ants (oops - wrong aunts!) :-)

R.

Hermione said...

Daisy - Mmm, you're making me hungry.

A.L. - Two puns in one comment? I am doubly delighted you responded!

Hugs,
Hermione