Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday WIN

For a while now Ron has been browsing the internet for new and different radio stations. Our local stations don't broadcast the kind of music we like, but he has discovered many that do thanks to the internet. Each morning, Ron chooses the station he wants to listen to, using the laptop that sits on the dining room table. The laptop has two small speakers connected to it, and they enable us to hear the music in the kitchen and living room as well.

One of our favourites is a station located in New Zealand. It plays the 50s and 60s music that we both enjoy, and we also find the great time difference amusing. Imagine eating lunch on Sunday while listening to an announcer describing the Monday morning traffic situation to his listeners. Or doing housework on Saturday afternoon while being entertained by a Sunday morning children's program of songs and stories. "Turn the radio down so you don't wake Mum and Dad."

We also find the commercials interesting. There are advertisements for products and services we've never heard of and don't have here. Besides the recorded advertisements, the site also has popup ads that are less appealing. I can't tell you how often I've seen one that flashes and warns us that 21 registry problems have been detected on the computer, and we really need to click HERE, right NOW, to get rid of them. (Yeah, right, pull the other one now.)

Yesterday as I was walking by, I happened to glance at the screen and saw this ad at the bottom of the page:


A popup ad for a spanking site? On an Oldies station? I was intrigued. I know never to click on popups, but as I ran the cursor over the ad, the mouse pointer made an open hand appear. When I moved the mouse, the hand moved too. It was very cool! (Sorry, I couldn't get a screen capture of the hand in the ad.)

I really, really wanted to click and see where I would end up, but common sense prevailed and I simply clicked the X in the top right corner. Maybe next time I see it, I will investigate further. Still, it was an ad that was a WIN for me.



From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Hermione,

This made me smile. I think it's awesome you found a New Zealand station you like. Definitely a win :)

I guess 'oldies' like a bit to spanking too :)

Hugs,
Roz

garyntboy said...

I can tell you where it would've ended had you clicked the mouse....
That would have been YOUR bottom and Rons' hand hovering....Ha ha.
Kind regards,
Gary.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting.

Hugs,
joey

Aimless Rambling said...

Very cool about the radio stations. Never thought about that. Ray loved the pic. He would have been hard pressed not to click that "X". lol

abby said...

Great pop-up....you showed great restraint in not clicking...you deserve a gg spanking!
hugs abby

Anonymous said...

50 & 60 music is wonderful. We have a jukebox (bubbler) that has nothing but 50's music. Had I seen that pop up I would have clicked on it and risked a spanking from R.
archedone

Hermione said...

Roz - Yes, we do!

Gary - Quite likely!

Joey - My pleasure.

Leigh - It was very tempting.

Archedone - Ron plays one of his many 50s CDs in the car when we drive.

Hugs,
Hermione

Terpsichore said...

that would have been so tempting to find out...

ronnie said...

Hermione,

I would have been so tempted as well.

I enjoy 60's music.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Terps - Maybe next time I'll do it.

Ronnie - That's good to know. I especially love the British Invasion-type songs.

Hugs,
Hermione