Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday FAIL

We've been having great success with our new Ninja Foodi Grill.  We've grilled steak, pork chops and chicken thighs, and they all tasted like they had been done on an outdoor grill. I've made delicious French fries using the air fry option.

Last week I decided to try a recipe for grilled herbed carrots. Carrot sticks coated with oil, maple syrup, fresh rosemary and parsley; sounds yummy! They were supposed to look something like this.


But when I lifted the lid and peeked in to see if they were done, what I saw was a pile of charred sticks.


They tasted delicious though, sweet and crunchy. Next time I'll omit the maple syrup and shorten the cooking time.

Here are a few more cooking fails that started out with the best intentions.



























Happy Friday!
From Hermione's Heart

5 comments:

Baxter said...

a fun post.

Roz said...

LoL Hermione, pretty sure my attempts would look similar lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

Hugs
Roz

ronnie said...

Loved the foodie fails. Thanks for the smile.

Not used a air fryer. We do carrots with honey and roast them in the oven.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

PK said...

The way I cook it would be reality all the way.

Minielle Labraun said...

We grill a great deal in the summer. I think that if the carrots tasted good, consider that a WIN! Funny images!