Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday FAIL

On March 12, our schools closed. Well, officially March break was extended by two weeks, but they never reopened. By March 15 everything was shut down and we were self-isolating. People were going mad, hoarding hand sanitizer and toilet paper. We had plenty of the former, but were afraid we might run out of the latter. I tried the Walmart website and found a good deal: 12 rolls for $15. I ordered two, to be delivered. (The shipping fee was waived for some reason.) Two months later, it  hadn't arrived. Our stores were now well-stocked with the essential rolls, but where was my order? I checked the tracking and all I saw was a series of entries written in Chinese. My rolls were probably in a shipping container somewhere in the world. I didn't think they would ever arrive.

Yesterday I found a small parcel in the mailbox. It was my long-awaited order, but WTF? The two packages together were about the size of a loaf of bread. Each individual roll was about the size of a weiner roll, to continue with the bread analogy. Here's how it compares to our usual triple roll.

It's soft enough, and quite strong too, so we'll use it up, or maybe save one package for the next crisis.

Here are some more products that aren't quite right.


































Happy Friday!
From Hermione's Heart

6 comments:

Baxter said...

Wow, that TP is wild. So can you get more than one wipe per roll? LOL.

Roz said...

The toilet roll story is too funny. I've never seen a roll like that before lol.

Great fails Hermione, thank you for the giggles. Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

Hugs
Roz

ronnie said...

I've never seen TP like that before. Funny.

Thanks for the Friday fails. Made me smile.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Minielle Labraun said...

Well then! Lol! Good ones Hermione. Thanks!

Enzo said...

Hermione - All these Friday Fails are funny - thanks for the laughs! However to be fair, I think they might have sent you campers toilet paper (compressed for easy transport).
Best,
Enzo

Hermione said...

I thought of campers' TP too. There's actually quite a lot of paper there, and because it's so strong, one only needs four squares at most, so it goes a long way.

Hugs,
Hermione