Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Just a little off the sides

Yesterday I gave Ron another haircut. Our barbershops and hair salons are finally open, but Ron is still uneasy about going out, and I have to admit, my barbering skills have greatly improved. We both agreed his latest trim was quite a success.

I hadn't realized how much hair-cutting services were needed until our family came to visit after an 18 month absence. Our daughter-in-law looked pretty good since she wears her hair long anyway, and our granddaughter's head is always a tangled mass of curls. But the males of the family looked like shaggy shetland ponies!

When I visited a supermarket the day hair cutting resumed, I overheard a clerk saying that the lineup at the nearby First Choice Haircutters (a low-cost, no appointment operation) had begun at 6:30 am. Now it's time for some barbershop humour.















Say no more!

From Hermione's Heart

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can SO relate to the second one!!!!!!!! I would dread going to certain people back when I was working for this very reason.

The third had me rereading it over and over in order to figure out what language it was written in. LOL

The little boy was my favorite.

Rosa has been cutting my hair for years now, since my preference is just a close buzz-cut and she is not formally trained in haircutting. (Sometimes she helps with other hair trimming as well LOL)

PK said...

The kid with the bangs! I remember we had a few students with that cut - ridiculous! I could barely teach for laughing out loud! Nick switched to a buzz cut about three years ago and I've been doing his since them. I called my hairdresser last week for an appointment but she was heading out on vacation for a couple of weeks. I was doing okay, but now it's driving me nuts!

morningstar said...

Eldest daughter evened off my hair a month ago...... the problem with asymmetrical cuts they need to be styled every 3 weeks - it's been 3 months for me!! the trim felt good but damn I HATE my hair right now!! The lil one and I have an appointment at our salon this friday!! I am feeling comfortable about it as it has been 3 weeks with no cases at all in our little town!!

Roz said...

LoL Hermione, these are horrendous lol. Haircuts were such a thing during lockdown. I did a self cut on my fringe as I couldn't stand it any longer. Let's just say I don't think I'll do it again.

Hugs
Roz

Glenmore said...

I've never seen so many bad hair cases in my life.
Barber's and Salons will be filled for months .
It feels so good after a haircut!

ronnie said...

Hermione, These made me laugh. The little boy one was my favourite. was my favourite. I've cut P's hair for ages but then he doesn't have that much to cut:)

Love,
Ronnie.
xx

Baxter said...

When I went to the hair stylist after eight months, I tipped her $20. My wife went to her after 17 months and tipped her $40. We are now back to going every 2-3 months and the tips are smaller.