Thursday, August 26, 2021

What have I done?

Last Christmas I gave Ron a chia pet as a gag gift. I had always wanted to try one, and thought the gnome was pretty tasteful. After one try, I changed my mind. The kit comes with a packet of tiny seeds, which I soaked in water then spread all over the gnome. There were so many seeds that I didn't limit myself to just the beard area. I spread seeds wherever I could. The result was really ugly once the little seeds sprouted.

So the gnome was scrubbed clean and sent outside to guard the pond. But what to do with the remaining seeds? I was curious what they might grow into, so I planted then in our vegetable plot. They were tiny at first, but then they kept on growing and growing and growing! I thinned them, then thinned them some more. There is now a clump of chias that are six feet tall and still growing!

They are taking over the pathway, and crowding the tomatoes beside them. Will I wait for seeds, or hack them down now? Ron votes for the latter, because he doesn't want to be a guinea pig for any chia-inspired recipes, and his vote counts for more than mine. In fact, he threatened to take matters into his own hands if I didn't do something about the plants.

I wonder what he meant by that.


From Hermione's Heart

9 comments:

PK said...

He may be planning on ripping them up and then certain parts of your anatomy also - if so enjoy!

Roz Harrison said...

Oh dear Hermione, a good idea at the time eh? I suspect PK may be right lol

Hugs
Roz

Anonymous said...

Chia seems like it could be maintained. Just don't ever plant:
Perennial peas or houttuynia or you'll want to spank yourself!

Baxter said...

Hermione, hack them down and dig them up. then present yourself bare bottomed with a paddle to Ron and let him take care of the rest.

Bernie said...

I'll bet he didn't mean he would go out there with a weed whacker.

Enzo said...

Hermione - Not to worry. I'm sure the gnome can keep watch why Ron attends to you in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Funny. Some seeds will grow magnificently, even when you do not want them to. Time to hack them down, and be spanked. Sounds like a win win situation. If they go to seed, you will be in big trouble getting rid of them.
Also, this plant is native to central America, so they are an invasive species. Time for the strongest spanking implement on your bottom.
bottoms up Hermione.
Red

WendelJones said...

I gave the Misses a chia pet as a gift many years ago. She promptly threw it out then paddled my backend until I could not sit. That being said, since there is no such thing as a chia paddle I recommend Ron gives your bare bottom a good dose of the regular paddle out in the chai patch then dig them out. Keep us informed of the results. Good luck and/or enjoy.
Hugs
Wendel

ronnie said...

Hermione - I think PK could be right:)

Love,
Ronnie
xx