Thursday, December 15, 2022

Holiday Meme

Thank you, Ronnie, for reminding me of this meme.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Always gift bags of fabric or paper.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. It smells like the real thing when we put pine-scented spray on it.

3. When do you put up the tree?

The first day of Advent.

4. When do you take your tree down?

I prefer to leave it up until Epiphany (Jan 6) but it usually comes down any time after New Year's Day,

5. Do you like eggnog?

I love it but my waistline doesn't.

6. Favourite gift received as a child?

A white polar bear stuffy with a red collar.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
The budgies. I never know what toy will impress them.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
The dogs. Anything that squeaks delights them.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, the figures are made of clay.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I don't send cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift ever received.

A giant Star Wars picture. (I've never seen the movies so am not a fan.)

12. Favourite Christmas movie?
Mine is A Christmas Carol. Ron's is Prancer.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Early in November or even late October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. My neighbour gives me gifts I can't use so I pass them along to charity shops or the annual animal rescue fundraisers.

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
Shortbread, which I always make. I also love turkey. We only have it once a year, but the leftovers are frozen and we enjoy meals for a few months after.

16. Lights on the tree; coloured or white?
We had white for a few years, but now it's tiny blue lights.

17. Favourite Christmas song?

Once in Royal David's City always sends shivers down my spine. I also love John Rutter's Nativity Carol.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

We are at home this year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes, but why?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. Ron struggles every year to get it absolutely straight.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Christmas morning after breakfast.

22. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
A large collection of musical instruments. We also have quite a few tiny dog ornaments.

23. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey with all the trimmings, including sprouts.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
An indictment for the Orange Menace.

25. Merry Christmas to all
And to all a good night.

Glory to Ukraine

From Hermione's Heart

5 comments:

Dan - A Disciplined Hubby said...

I'm SO there with you on #24.

PK said...

I love all your answers, but especially # 24!! I'm with you on that 100!

Jean Marie said...

I enjoy finding out more about you! Like the previous comments, I REALLY resonated with your #24!

Roz said...

Enjoyed reading your answers Hermione, I love shortbread, but will pass on the sprouts lol. I votr for No 24 too!

Hugs
Roz

Ronnie Soul said...

Hermione, loved reading your answers, I'm a fann of shortbread, haven't makde any for ages. I have some mince pies in the oven at the moment.
Yep no 24, I agree.

Love,
Ronnie
xx