Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday WIN



50 Shades of Grey has infiltrated every corner of society, and everyone seems to be using it to draw attention to totally unrelated products, ideas and services. I know that some of you enjoy the book and its sequels, so I made this post a WIN and not a FAIL to give everyone equal time.

A 50 Shades-themed cooking class was recently held in a California strip mall. "There were Playroom Pretzel Ropes, Bondage Wrapped Shrimp with Vanilla Bean Citrus Beurre Blanc and, for dessert, a martini called The Flogger.

"Each glass of the concoction made with chocolate vodka and Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream was garnished with a shortbread cookie in the shape of a tiny, multi-tailed whip; Horn ran the dough through a garlic press to get the strands just so."

Read the full story here, and be sure to scroll down to see the assortment of 50 Shades products available on Etsy.


The latest to jump on the 50 Shades bandwagon is a cookbook called 50 Shades of Chicken, by FL Fowler.


The recipes actually sound pretty good. Who wouldn't enjoy Mustard-Spanked Chicken? We actually prepare Spatchcock Chicken regularly in the summer. (Google it.)


And finally, a little fun with two shades of grey. Or is it one?


From Hermione's Heart

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermione,

Fun stuff. Can you imagine the things we will see when the movie is released.

Hug,
joey

Fondles said...

i love the 2 grey boxes pic. optical illusions are the bomb!

sixofthebest said...

Hermione the phrase "50 Shades, etc, etc, will be forever more, one of the world's most quoted sayings. And will now certainly be a turn on, for any 'spanko', that hears these endearing words.

SNP said...

Interesting finds. Happy Wed.

Aimless Rambling said...

OMG - that will be the phrase of the decade 50 Shades of Whatever.
Interesting finds.

crankyspanker said...

I found myself doing the same thing. I don't think I will bother with the book at least for now.

:)

Emanuele

Hermione said...

Joey - I'm not sure I'll be ready for that:)

Fondles - It stumped me for a while.

Six - You are quite right, it is a code word for us.

SNP - Thanks, and the same to you.

Sunnygirl - I like that!

Emanuele - I still have to get back to it.

Hugs,
Hermione

Emen said...

2nd time trying to comment :) Hate when this happens and then two comments show.

Ahem, I think I said we'll never get away from this. A movie critic described Tommy Lee Jones's character in the movie with Meryl Streep as "fifty shades of grumpy".

OldFashionedGirl said...

Even gardening magazines aren't exempt. I saw one the other day that had an article about soil with the headline: 50 Shades of Clay.
:)

Hermione said...

Emen - Too funny!

OFG - Oh, no, really?

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

50 Shades of Chicken - had to laugh at some of the recipe names.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Unknown said...

I haven't read the book and have no plans to, but the comic spins off and phrases are hilarious. I would seriously like to have a look at the 50 shades of chicken one....
50 shades of Grace.......rofl

Erica said...

The box illusion is wild! But I must say, if I hear one more word about that damned book, I'm going to go 50 varieties of postal. :-)

Minielle Labraun said...

Maybe I'll talk to our Priest.....NOT. :-)

Pretty soon people will just say-- 50!

Bas said...

Never read the books.
It is however a warning to all would be authors: Don't write good books, just come up with great Titles!
St Andrew's-Wesley must a popular church: 50 shades in the morning, Jazz in the afternoon!

Do I really see a Bondage chicken on the cover of that book?

Optical illusion are fun.

Susie said...

I like the chicken!

Hermione said...

Ronnie - I though they were kind of cute too.

Lillie - It seems to be a very popular topic.

Erica - Last night on the news there was a clip of Salman Rushdie dissing the book. After it was over, the presenter said he never thought he'd say 50 Shades of Grey and Salman Rushdie in the same sentence.

Minelle - RIght, as a sort of shorthand, like TTWD.

Bas - That church knows how to attract visitors. Clever advertising.

Susie - All trussed and ready - for what?!

Hugs,
Hermione

Terpsichore said...

fun