Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You asked...



...and I answered. It's Question and Answer month, and here are my answers to the questions you asked me.

Q: How do you keep up with interesting topic ideas to blog about when you post every day?
A: I stay on the lookout for likely subjects for blog posts wherever I go. Some of my material is inspired by television, newspapers, and overheard conversations. It helps to have regular features on several days, so I don't have to think of completely new topics each day.


Q: How much time do you spend looking for the great things you are always posting on our blog?
A: Most of my material comes from email subscriptions to various humorous sites as well as accidental finds on other websites. I'd say I spend about an hour a day just sifting through my emails in search of useable pictures.


Q: What is your favorite flower?
A: I love pansies and violas, with their sweet little faces smiling at me in the spring. For indoor houseplants I like cyclamen and gloxinias best.



Q: What is your favourite game?
A: I would love to try playing a home version of Chopped. It's a cooking show where chefs must create a series of dishes using mystery ingredients. Four contestants begin, but they are "chopped"  one by one after each round, and the last contestant wins the grand prize. I think it would be fun to play at home.


Q: Do you ever get annoyed that spell check doesn't like keeping "u" in words like favourite?
A: Yes. Sometimes there isn't an option to choose the British dictionary. But then, Canadian spelling is a hybrid of both British and American. We add the "u" to words in the British style, but we use the American form of spelling words like "analyze", not  the British "analyse". They haven't come up with a Canadian spellchecker. as far as I know.


Q: Were you spanked at school and do you play on occasions that scenario with Ron?
A: No, girls were never physically punished when I was at school. That was a privelege reserved for naughty boys. Ron and I don't engage in role-play, so that scenario never happens.


Q: What first led you to reading and writing blogs?
A: First I discovered the wonderful world of online spanking sites with Ron's help. Then I accidentally stumbled on one blog, then another, and once I had figured out what blogs were,  I was hooked. It was several months before I left my first comment, but soon I was one of Bonnie's regular visitors. I was thrilled when she asked me to write a guest post and even more thrilled to actually see it in print. I knew then that I wanted to be a blogger too. A few months later, Hermione's Heart was born.


Q: Have and Ron always had a spanking relationship or did one of you initiate it at some point?
A: I told that story on my blog here.


Q: Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life?
A: Minnie Driver. I loved her in Circle of Friends.



Q: Do you play any type of musical instruments or did you in school?
A: As a child I had a toy glockenspiel that I loved. When i was in high school, folk music had just become popular; I had an acoustic guitar and played songs by Joan Baez and Ian and Sylvia. In university I played alto recorder in an early music ensemble that played Medieval and Renaissance music. Then many years later I started studying piano, and after much hard work, weekly lessons and diligent practice I passed the Grade 8 exam.


Q: If money was no object and you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to be?
A: Scotland. My grandfather was from Aberdeen, and my heart's in the highlands.


Q: Do you participate in any kind of kink/spanking community IRL?
A: No, that's not our thing. We prefer to keep our spanking within the confines of our home. We aren't social people and would find it difficult participate in an organized group.


Q: Do others in your real life world know about your lifestyle?
A: Nobody knows, as far as I am aware.


Q: Do you switch? If so, Ron is a lucky guy. Not to say that he is not now.
A: I once asked Ron if he wanted me to spank him. His answer was an emphatic "No! I'm the spanker; you're the spankee." We're happy in those roles.


Q: Why don't you post more about your own spankings.
A: I try to do that as often as I can. I think it's important to have something interesting to say,  whether it's about a specific implement, something funny Ron said, or an unusual event. Otherwise it would sound rather repetitious. One spanking is pretty much the same as the next, so I don't want to bore my readers with something that sounds much like what they read the week before. Maybe I need to try to spice things up a bit so I can tell you all about it afterward.


Q: If you could do one thing about your relationship with your husband over again what would it be and why?
A: That's a tough question. Everyone makes mistakes and says or does things they later wish they could take back. But on the whole, I can't look back and see that I took a major wrong turn somewhere.


Q: What do Canadian women call their 'underpants' (knickers, panties, or bloomers)?
A: In advertising fliers and catalogures they are called panties or briefs, but I usually refer to them as underwear.



Q: When did you know Ron was the one for you?
A: It was on the first day of my new job. When we were introduced I remember thinking that I needed to be careful or I would fall for him in a big way. He was exactly my type. It took a while for anything to develop between us, but when it did it was worth waiting for.


Q: Did you have a childhood ambition and did you achieve it?
A: My first ambition was to be a cowboy, but no, I never rode the range. Later I wanted to be a meteorologist because I liked looking at clouds, but that didn't last. I was good at many subjects in school so at university I took a wide range of very different courses. I've always enjoyed writing, so I gues you could say I have achieved my ambition.


Q: Do you find certain foods that you eat, sexually erotic?
A: No, I can't say that I do. I will say that if I'm hungry, sex can wait. Feed me first!


Q: What's the most unusual food you've ever eaten?
A: I suppose what would be considered unusual depends on your point of view. Snails (ho hum), haggis (yummy), tripe (yuck), chia (crunchy).


Q: Do you find Canadians to be more like the British and fond of the cane or more like Americans and fonder of the paddle? And are there a lot of schools (private or otherwise) where the cane was used?
A: Just as they do with grammar and spelling, Canadians tend to take a little from each of those two cultures in spanking. Before corporal punishment was banned, wooden rulers and leather straps were in frequent use both in classrooms and in the principal's office. In some boys' private schools, modeled on English public schools, the teachers used canes.



Q: What makes you happy about blogging and have you made sad experiences as a blogger as well?
A: There are many things about blogging that make me happy, but the one that comes to mind first is being Chrossed. I am also happy that I have made so many good friends in the blogosphere. 

It's very sad when one of our bloggers disappears, and as we all know that happens all too frequently. I was especially sad when Spanking Writers Abel and Haron split up and later divorced. They co-authored a blog for several years, taking turns writing posts. Now Abel carries on alone, and does an admirable job too.


Q: Do you have any kinky things that you would like to try besides spanking?
A: Not really. At one time I might have said yes, but the more online exposure I have to the many other kinks out there, the more I realize that they are not for me. I love spanking, but that's all.


Thank you for all the questions. I'll admit that there were some that surprised me. I'm still taking questions, so it's not too late to ask me anything you're curious about. Leave a comment or email me.

From Hermione's Heart

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hermione. Although I have read your blog for about 30 months, it is interesting to learn something new.

Hug,
joey

Roz said...

I enjoyed reading this and learning more about you Hermione. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Roz

SirQsmlb said...

Thank Hermione!! Great answers. I think a lot of us see you as an icon, a celebrity in our spanking world. Do you see yourself that way? I know you identify as more a spanko and not a submissive. I assume when you're spanked you experience the endorphin rush that is often identified as part of subspace. What do you call it? Does it always, typically, occasionally, or rarely translate into foreplay and then sex? Oh and one last question, what's your favorite spanking position and has it changed over time?

Thank you!!
Fiona

sixofthebest said...

Dear Hermione, thank you for answering my two questions. And thank you for your wonderful blog. I especially like the 'caption', one.

Aimless Rambling said...

Enjoyed learning more about you.
Thanks.

Terpsichore said...

so fun to read your answers! The flowers are making me long for spring as I sit here watching the snow fall... :-)thanks for sharing... Hugs, terps

abby said...

Thanks for answering and letting us know about you! hugs abby

ronnie said...

I loved reading your answers. Minnie driver, interesting choice.

Thank you Hermione.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Christina said...

Thank you for sharing your answers!

georgek said...

Hermione, thank you for answering my questions. One's chosen musical instrument reveals a lot about the personality of the individual. Have a blessed day!

Hermione said...

Joey - I realize most of what I said was new to my readers, and I'm glad!

Roz - My pleasure.

Sir Qs mlb - I'll save those questions and answer them next week.

Six - I'm delighted that you comment faithfully on Complete the Caption.

Sunny - You're welcome.

Terps - I'm watching even more snow here:) Got my exercise shovelling today.

Abby - You are most welcome.

Ronnie - She was not a glamorous or attractive woman in that film, so I identified with her.

Christina - it was my pleasure.

George - If it does, then I'm sorry about the glockenspiel:)

Hugs,
Hermione

ricky said...

Luv the flowers pic.
But for the life of me, I can't
see any of them smiling.
But then, on closer inspection...
Good one, Hermione!

Hermione said...

Thanks, Ricky.

Lea said...

I really enjoyed reading all the questions and answers. Always fun to learn something new.

Kaelah said...

Thank you very much for having shared your answers, Hermione! :-)