Tuesday, November 14, 2017

It's Almost Time!

Love Our Lurkers Days are coming up at the end of this week, and I want you to participate. It's the time when our silent readers are encouraged to come out of hiding and leave a comment. The details are:

What is it? Lurkers, anonymous readers, call them what you will. They are the people who read our blogs on a regular or occasional basis, but never leave a comment. On LOL Days, we encourage those people to be brave and leave a comment. Most blogs allow commenters to remain anonymous, so you never have to reveal your real identity.

Where is it? It's everywhere, but right here on this blog, I will put up a post and record the links to all bloggers who are participating in LOL Days. If you want to see who has joined in the fun, drop by here and you will see the list.

When is it? Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18.

What do I have to do? If you are a blogger, publish a post on November 17, encouraging your silent readers to leave a comment. "Love Our Lurkers" in the title will be helpful but not compulsory.

What do I say? Some bloggers ask questions for their lurkers to answer. Others have competitions, with a spank for every comment left. Still others only want all their readers to say hello. The important thing is to be friendly and encouraging to readers who might be apprehensive about leaving a comment. Please remember to allow anonymous comments, even if only for a day or two.

How can I help right now?
If you have not already done so, I invite you to post an advance LOL Days announcement soon, so that all your readers know about it too. Not all bloggers read this blog, and we want to be sure nobody is left out.

Here are some images you may use if you wish for your LOL Days post.







Save the image of your choice to your computer, then upload it to your post. These logos are entirely optional; you are most welcome to use any other image of your choice.

November 17 and 18 - save the dates!

From Hermione's Heart

12 comments:

Aimless Rambling said...

Thanks for doing this Hermione. I'm going to miss it this time around, I'll miss it.

Fondles said...

Thanks! I shall have to remember to put up a post soon! Altho i wonder if i have any lurkers left >sob<

ronnie said...

Hermione - Thank you. Must get a post ready.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Hermione,
I have been waiting for these sweet little items.
Meredith

Lindy Thomas said...

Thank you Hermione. I've put up my post already. Really looking forward to Friday and Saturday, hoping to encourage some Aussies out of hiding.
Hugs Lindy xx

Blondie said...

Thank you so much for doing this

morningstar said...

I had all but forgotten about LOL days.... thank you for doing it -- and jogging my memory. It will be a nice change from the dramatics around here (le sigh)

I am posting a 'mark the day ' blog tomorrow Wed the 15th

Roz said...

Hi Hermione, thank you for hosting this wonderful event. Always enjoy visiting everyone on LoL Day :)

Hugs
Roz

Rosie Jones said...

Hi Hermione, this is short notice but I'd like to join in the fun. My URL is rosiejones51.blogspot.com.
Hope everyone has a great two days.
Rosie xx

morningstar said...

quick question -- are you posting the links for everyone doing LOL???

I am writing my blog for tomorrow and have linked to here so folks can check out other blogs -- but will edit it if you aren't.

GAH I should have asked before tonite :(

Anonymous said...

I missed it last year but hope to join in on the fun this year. Thank you for reminding us and putting it in motion. Xo

Diary of Daisy said...

I can't believe it's been a year, going to get my post up now!