Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lined Bottoms - get them while they're hot!

I was browsing through a flyer from a clothing store yesterday and a large banner at the top of an inside page caught my eye.

$10 Off Men's Lined Bottoms

Was this reputable shop in the habit of caning men for a fee? Were they offering a reduced rate for this week only? My mind considered the possibilities, but a closer look at the picture under the caption brought me back to reality.




The lined bottoms were, in fact, denim jeans with a flannel lining - a necessity for Canadian winters.


 On another page was a similar advertisement that also made me smile.

Women's Striped Bottoms

Sadly, it had nothing to do with naughty young ladies being caned in the changing rooms at the back of the store. It was a reference to the pattern on the fabric.


I wonder how many other readers were fooled, at least for a moment or two, by the magic of advertising.

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a sale like that, I would buy several lined bottoms.

Hug,
joey

abby said...

LOL..I love the way your mind works.
hugs abby

Our Bottoms Burn said...

naughty young ladies being caned in the changing rooms

In a better world, it would be that easy.

As we were entering Costco yesterday, I pulled a cart from the line of stacked carts. A woman walked briskly toward me. I offered her a cart, she said "I'm good". Before my brain kicked in, I said I sure hope that Santa knows that so you will not get coal and switches. There was a pause in her gait, a smile and then she was off.

Minielle Labraun said...

Great! You always find such cool tid-bits for us!

ronnie said...

The ads certainly would have got my attention.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Aimless Rambling said...

I'm a spanko but my mind didn't go there. I must be a vanilla spanko.

Hermione said...

Joey - One for each day of the week?

Abby - Thanks. It can be either a gift or a handicap.

OBB - Oh, you naughty boy! I think you scared her:)

Minelle - I do my best.

Ronnie - That's why it's my favourite clothing store.

Sunny - Not vanilla; maybe caramel.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Ian and I both have pants with flannel lined bottoms, it is cold in Canada - people!
hugs
lillie

Hermione said...

Lillie - We need then today - it snowed last night!

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Who needs flannel when spankings are available... like the way your mind works when you look at things in life.
bottoms up
Red

Lea said...

You never know what kind of lines may be on their bottoms under those pants!