Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Latest Meme

I love the latest meme, created by Ella, and finally have a chance to share it with you.

1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
Crazy by Patsy Kline.  It's corny but sweet.

2. What is your favourite shade of lipstick? and nail polish? If you don't wear either what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?
I don't wear either, and I don't particularly care for very bright or dark colours on others. I prefer a natural look.

3. Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you can remember all the words.
I must confess I can remember all of them. I don't have a particular favourite but I enjoy their historical significance and political meanings.



4. What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed?
Dress slacks and a nice t-shirt or sweater.

5. If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?
A cottage in the country, with a big garden.



6. If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a thing for? If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.
George, always! I had a giant poster of the fab four, and I kissed him goodnight every evening.



7. Name a smell you love, your choice.
Lilacs. that takes me back ot my childhood home, where lilac bushes lined the yard. I also love the smell of Pierre Cardin cologne. It reminds me of my early days with Ron.

8. How often do you defuzz your legs? Wax, razor or electric?
Every 2-3 weeks. I use an Epilady, and the hair grows back very slowly after using it.


9. How  or why did you choose your blog name?
I was a big fan of the Harry Potter books at the time and saw a lot of myself in Hermione Grainger. I love alliteration so I chose an alliterative blog name.

10. What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Tea or coffee?
My favourite breakfast is a bowl of Rice Krispies if I'm eating alone. My favourite for the two of us (Ron doesn's share my passion for Snap, Crackle or Pop) is toast with melted cheese. We both drink coffee for breakfast.



11. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, youngest or in the middle?
None; I'm a singleton.

12. What is your favourite salad dressing?
I like Ranch dressing as a dip for raw veggies, and Italian on a green salad.

13. If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip who would you pick?
Bonnie would be a wonderful travelling companion.


14. Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
Oh yes, quite often. When I worked in an office, a lunchtime shopping trip was just the cure for a stressful morning.


15. If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper what would it be?

Stupid people, especially when that stupidity affects their pets.

16. Tell us about the best photo you have ever had taken.
A photo of my dog yawning. It was published in the local paper.

17. Have you ever gone skinny dipping and where?
No, not yet.

18. What do you like on your pizza? What don't you like?
I like a vegetarian pizza. I would never order that famous Canadian invention, the Hawaiian pizza with ham and pineapple on top of the tomato sauce and mozzerella.

Now it's your turn!
From Hermione's Heart

8 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Hermione,

I enjoyed reading your answers. Melted cheese on toast...yum! I love your answer to No 7 and No 13. Bonnie would be an awesome traveling companion.

Hugs
Roz

Aimless Rambling said...

I so agree with you on your pizza choice. You would be a fine traveling companion. Loved your answer to what bothers you most - that's got to be high on my list too.

Eric51Amy49 said...

Great learning more about you! That toast looks yummy. You made me hungry! :) Amy

ronnie said...

Hermione,

I enjoyed reading your answers. Bonnie would be a great travelling companion as you would be. I don't like to talk when I'm on a plane.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Cat said...

Loved your answers, Hermione and agree with quite a few of them...but prefer cheerios over rice crispies. ;)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your answers. I had no idea Canadians were to blame for the Hawaiian Pizza.

Liza

Lindy Thomas said...

Loved reading your answers Hermione. MMM the smell of lilac is beautiful.

Hugs Lindy xx

Hermione said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. We seem to have a lot in common!

Hugs,
Hermuine