Friday, July 22, 2011

Seat Slam


I need to preface this story with a little background. Early in our relationship, Ron got the hiccups. No big deal, right? Wrong. To him it was a big deal. After trying for an hour or so to make them stop, he was in a temper. He stormed upstairs and slammed the bedroom door very hard. I was a little shaken by this and wasn't sure what would happen next, but kept out of his way until he eventually emerged, hiccup-free.

The next day I teased him about door-slamming being a new home remedy to cure the hiccups, and from then on, whenever they attacked him, Ron would say jokingly, "I need a door to slam." He never actually did it again, nor has he ever lost his temper over the hiccups since.

Recently I was in the kitchen, cleaning up after dinner, when Ron approached me from behind and delivered a solid whack to my left posterior.

"Ow!" I exclaimed in mock indignation. "What was that for?"

"I have the hiccups," Ron explained. "I didn't want to have to slam a door."

"So?"

His hand connected with my right cheek in an equally forceful manner. "That was a seat slam!"

He's so considerate.

From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

findingsara said...

Did it work? Maybe a news release in a medical journal is called for!

ronnie said...

I was thinking the same as Sara, did it work Hermione?

Have a good weekend.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a spanking good time:)!

Kitty

Anonymous said...

lovely idea, now we have to think of reasons for Ron to hiccup more often, and different places where you might be in public when the hiccup seizes him :)
hugs
rEd

Anonymous said...

Granadine and sugar also works as a home remedy, but you may want to try the spanking first just for the fun of it.

Daisychain said...

That's EXACTLY what I thought, Hermione...how considerate of him! xxxxxxxx

Erica said...

(laughing) OK, I gotta say this... if I had the hiccups for over an hour, I'd be slamming things too! But I think the seat slam sounds like win-win.

Hermione said...

Sara - I think it did. His hiccups went away.

Ronnie - Yes, this time. Maybe from laughing though, not spanking.

Kitty - It was!

Red - I don't think even hiccups would make him swat me in public.

Joey - Oh, I must try that next time. Sounds yummy.

Daisy - I know. What a guy!

Erica - It was so much more civilized than the door thing.

Hugs,
Hermione

Lea said...

I'd be annoyed if I were Ron, hiccups are quite irritating. When I get them it seems to last a very long time. I've tried it all, eating peanut butter, a spoonful of sugar, drinking water, holding your breath, having someone jump out and scare you (that is hit or miss and can give you hiccups to begin with lol). I've made a mental note of this newest remedy.

kiwigirliegirl said...

dont they just come up with the most endearing excuses to spank us :) cute post love and hugs xx