Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cornwall Kink


We have been watching early episodes of Doc Martin, a quirky and very funny British television show about a successful surgeon who develops an aversion to blood. He gives up his lucrative practice in London and moves to the tiny Cornwall seaside town of Portwenn. The town is full of eccentric characters, but little did we know we would stumble across some kinky interaction.

In Season 2, episode 1, Doctor Ellingham (he's called Doc Martin by everyone in the village, much to his disgust) treats a fisherman who has a broken rib and massive bruising. He sends him to the hospital for X-rays and later discovers that the patient has had 17 accidents in two years. He tries to convince the man to go for further tests to see why he is so accident-prone, but he and his wife refuse.

Later, Doc Martin is summoned to their house for an emergency. He arrives and is taken upstairs to find the fisherman nearly naked, with leather straps around his body, attached to bondage apparatus. His wife explains that she tried to hoist him up but the machinery malfunctioned and he has hurt his shoulder. Along the wall to the right hang various straps and paddles. You can just see one in the photo below.






Doc Martin immediately asks, "Is this consensual?"

"Of course it is. He loves it." replies the woman.

"And all those injuries, they happened from this?

"Yes. He gets carried away sometimes and he forgets his safeword."

Doc Martin gives him an injection to ease the pain, but not before asking, "Do you enjoy needles?" The answer is no. The embarrassed wife explains that once their sons left home they found they needed a spark, and discovered it through BDSM.

I can't wait to see what is in store for us in the next episode.

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

garyntboy said...

Hi Hermione, Dr. Martin is not the only good thing to come from Cornwall. Go on to Youtube and type in 'Jethro From the madhouse live'.A bit rude so adults only.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have watched a couple of episodes. My mom has the DVD set for the first five seasons. I will have to borrow season 2.

Hug,
joey

Minielle Labraun said...

Sounds like a good show. I wonder if we can get it on Apple TV?

Unknown said...

Oh delightful *clapping wildly*

I see I shall have to add yet another thing to my list of "must sees" :D

I keep waiting for 50 Shades to show up in one of my medical dramas in this type of thing. So far only Law&Order SVU though. :D

ronnie said...

LOL. Loved to have seen that. Doc Martin is a good watch.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Gary - Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.

Joey - You won't be disappointed. It's a wacky show.

Minelle - I don't know; I've never heard of it, but you could check their listings.

Young Lady - I'm sure ti will turn up soon somewhere. The ER is a sure bet, eventually.

Ronnie - We love it. We started with Season 5, then Season 4 was broadcast on different network. Now I am starting from the beginning, borrowing DVDs from the library.

Hugs,
Hermione

Ami Starsong said...

Glad you like our Doc Martin. He's wonderful - won't take any S**t from anyone! You definitely need to watch it from the beginning and work your way through! I'm pleased you can understand British humour. We're a strange lot! Ami

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

I love Doc Martin and remember this episode well. never could find an online clip of this bit to post though :( Martin Clunes is one of my favourite comedy actors. Thanks for reminding me of this episode.

Prefectdt

Aimless Rambling said...

Sounds like a hoot. I will have to look for it, maybe on PBS.

Roz said...

Sounds like a good watch! We have had Doc Martin here but I only saw the odd episode.

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Ami - I love British humour!

Prefectdt - There's an 11 minute video on YouTube of the best bits of this episode. Strangely, this scene isn't in it.

Sunnygirl - I first saw it on PBS then on a Canadian equivalent.

Roz - They're all odd!

Hugs,
Hermione