Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday WIN - The Naughtiest Girl

Do any of you remember The Naughtiest Girl series of children's novels, written by Enid Blyton in the 1940s-50s? The main character is Elizabeth Allen, a very spoiled girl whose misbehaviour causes her governess to leave. She is sent to boarding school, and is determined to behave so badly that she will be expelled. The early book covers tell the story of a young spanko.



NG has a fondness for rulers, which she applies to her classmates' bottoms when the mood strikes her.




Now it's lacrosse sticks that she uses, but her fellow students seem to give as good as they get. (Hmmm, a mixed boarding school? How very progressive for the 1940s.)




Tennis racquets don't hurt all that much, but they cover a large area. The young fellow in the background is eager to experiment.




When all's said and done, a good old-fashioned hand spanking really hits the spot.


I'm sure the actual books aren't anywhere near as naughty as the covers lead me to believe, but it's fun to speculate.


From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing.

Roz said...

LoL Hermione, thanks for sharing these. I love Enid Blyton stories. I recall one called the book of naughty children or something along those lines.

Hugs,
Roz

sixofthebest said...

Hermione, the naughiesst girl in school, should have been given 'six of the best', strokes of the cane, across her bare bottom. Yes, I remember one of our female teacher's reading us Enid Blyton's stories. Nostalgic memories.

DelFonte said...

LoL - my daughter reads EB, I think we will stick to modern covers... that's if they're still in print :)

Aimless Rambling said...

I don't remember them at all. Guess I was so good my parents saw no need to give me any ideas. lol

ronnie said...

Hermione,

I do remember the books but never read them. It was the Famous Five for me.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Joey - You're most welcome.

Roz - We had a few of these books in our local library but I actually never read them.

Six - I heartily agree.

DelFonte - I saw the modern covers but thought these were kinkier:)

Sunnygirl - You were a model pupil then?

Ronnie - I remember the Famous Five. I liked the Bobbsey Twins best, though.

Hugs,
Hermione

Sarah said...

Hmmm, never heard of these. I must investigate!

Hermione said...

Sarah - They could be fun to read from an adult perspective.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

great find... just wondering if that is how your spanking desires started?
bottoms up
Red